ChrisMRL

Hi all,

The video I took of the RMweb Members and their layouts and models is finished, there's a feature page on Model Railways Live with a link to the video:

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Features/RMweb_Members_Day_-_Taunton_2012/

Thanks to everyone who put up with me and my camera on the day - looking forward to covering the Stafford members' day soon!

cheers

Chris

Thanks for doing that Chris, an excellent record of the day. It's the same when I've taken any footage; there's always a right din going on in the background, only broken up by CK's catering announcements. :)

• RMweb Gold

Uh-oh... - I just hope it's not too embarrassing...

B*gger !

Having just watched the whole video, it is an excellent capture of the day, the atmosphere, the layouts and the sheer enjoyment being had by all.

Thanks guys. Yes Andy - the sound wasn't what you'd call 'clean' ;) But - where there was good enough sound for a loco or other effects to come through - I've lowered the music so it can be heard - the background mumble of the day is okay to listen to for a minute or two, but not all the way through.

I'd like to pre-book my pasty for next year!

Chris,

Thanks for posting the video

You were honestly no problem to "put up with" at all :)

It's nice to see some video of "Poynton Sneer"

Now I must finish it, and put all the last little touches into place....

Cheers and thanks again for recording a fab day

Marc

• RMweb Gold

Really nice idea. I must say professionalism of the modular layout operation was excellent. Me standing there, one hand on the control and the other in my pocket! :laugh:

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Really nice idea. I must say professionalism of the modular layout operation was excellent. Me standing there, one hand on the control and the other in my pocket! :laugh:

Regards,

Nick

Just hanging on to your small change no doubt Nick .

Topping video Chris , really did the day proud ,

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting, Chris - I couldn't view for some software related reason, and have only just resolved it by reloading Adobe (appears that mine was missing a vital bit according to my resident computer expert aka neighbour's kid) and I have just had a splendid time viewing what was obviously a great day.

I've got my train tickets booked for Stafford, so will at last be able to savour the uniqueness of an RMWeb event for myself at first hand - see you there (and I'll try to keep out of the way of your camera!)

• 2 years later...

This thread looks a bit dated.

Is there any interest in a 2015 'real ale train' get together on the (Hampshire) Alton, Watercress Line's, "real ale train"?

See http://www.watercressline.co.uk/product.php/10/real-ale-train-r-a-t

The schedule is designed to get people back to London. Typically Saturday evenings, 7.20-10.44p.m. Only £15 + £2 per pint + steam locomotive.

I'm happy to organize,

Rick

Archived