New to this and need help

Hi to all,

As i am new to this and a total novice with out a clue i was wondering if anybody could help me and my son with a small problem.

We have been given an old Hornby Intercity 225 train set but no instructions on how to connect the power to the track, also i think there may be some parts missing.

We were wondering if anybody has a copy of the original instructions or can point us to a website that may have the info we need.

Many thanks

Archie and his Dad

I'm not familiar with the set in question, but you should have a transformer of some kind that converts mains power to (probably) 16V AC; this runs to the controller which in turn produces a variable DC supply of up to 12V to the track - these latter wires would be connected to the track by a clip under the rails that carries one wire to each rail.

You may find something relevant here http://www.Hornby.com/downloads/instruction-manuals/accessory-and-set-instruction-manuals/

HTH

We have found the answer to our problem, thanks to all things youtube so we now have it running much to my son's joy and from this with luck and a lot of space we can expand.

Thanks to both you who kindly offered help now doubt we will be back in the future.

Archie and his Dad

Archived