Hi all,

I've been mulling over a possible track plan for my new OO gauge layout for a while now, and have a particular problem I need to solve.

The plan will see a branch line wend its way around 3 or 4 sides of a loft space, with a different scene on each side. I'm keen for the trains to go "off scene" when travelling between stations / scenes, so came up with the idea of looping the track round and back on itself like this:

post-7383-0-16067800-1340716299.jpg

My question is, does a right angle crossing exist that I can use where the tracks meet? The loop will be hidden under scenery, so I'm happy to use old track, new or something unconventional - it doesn't matter how untidy it is as long as it will be reliable.

The only crossings I can find have too shallow a crossing angle and would make the idea unfeasible. I have read on another forum that Wrenn used to make such a crossing, but haven't been able to find out any more. If I could get hold of two or three of them second-hand, that would be great.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

And Peco do one in Code 83 also, which might be the easiest to get hold of - I would think Shinohara/Walthers also would do them in code 70, 83 and 100... :)

Thanks Glorious NSE - I'll take a look at the Peco one too. I've found the Atlas one on sale in the UK, so not too hard to find...once you know what you're looking for!

Yes but looking at his plan he'd have to re-gauge his trains half way round. :D

Now you're just being silly! :jester:

I've had a look at the Atlas and Peco products and it looks like the Atlas is the one to go for - it's cheaper, and is the same code, meaning it should be easier to integrate into the plan.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions - serious and otherwise! Hopefully very soon, I'll be able to start building instead of planning! :locomotive:

Mike

Archived