Soundtraxx - Tsunami TSU AT1000 - ALCO 244

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I just got the first sound decoder for my US stock...

Now - having followed the instructions I have a chip fitted loco that makes all the sounds I want

but...

The lights are a pain and not working at all.

I've replaced the bulbs with LEDS and resistors as per DCC Supplies suggestions but still have no lights.

I have Decoder Pro and Sprog but all that tells me is that the functions are collectly allocated and should work.

Guess what...

Still no lights!

Anyone else done this fitting process before?

Help appreciated!

Thanks

Did you try it with the bulbs before fitting the LEDs?

Did you get the LEDs the correct way around?

I've fitted the occasional Tsunami, although only one with lights. I didn't have any issues with the lights on that one, though.

Also, you say this is an AT1000 which already has the resistors to provide outputs for 1.5V bulbs or LEDs - adding extra resistors for the LEDs may drop the voltage so to that the LEDs don't turn on. Using the same circuit with 12V bulbs also likely won't work.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Did you try it with the bulbs before fitting the LEDs?

Did you get the LEDs the correct way around?

I've fitted the occasional Tsunami, although only one with lights. I didn't have any issues with the lights on that one, though.

Also, you say this is an AT1000 which already has the resistors to provide outputs for 1.5V bulbs or LEDs - adding extra resistors for the LEDs may drop the voltage so to that the LEDs don't turn on. Using the same circuit with 12V bulbs also likely won't work.

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Yes - Bulbs worked before fitting chip - didn't try bulbs with the chip for the reason in your last sentence!

Yes - LED's fitted correct way round. Made own light strip to support them and keep all the wiring to a minimum. Works fine connected direct to power.

See attached Diagran/instruction sheet.

Thanks

post-6887-0-24362400-1340835280_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Which function common are you using?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Your commnet about the lighting resistors being on the board caused me to have a quick check..

The decoder instructions are correct where they say you need to add your own resistors wit the LEDS.

I didn't because I also thought the resistors were on board and I've been blowing LEDs without realising.

Anyway - added the resistors and lights now working with no further changes needed.

Thanks to the help

Archived