The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Manchester Airport Hotels

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the three (?) hotels actually within walking distance of Terminal 1 Manchester and if so, which one and what was it like. I'm looking for recommendations really.

Thanks, Phil @ 36E

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the three (?) hotels actually within walking distance of Terminal 1 Manchester and if so, which one and what was it like. I'm looking for recommendations really.

Thanks, Phil @ 36E

I've used Bewleys a few times (though not recently), and it's fine. You wouldn't want to walk it if you have lots of luggage, but they do a free (I think) shuttle transfer.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza about two weeks ago, it was very nice and I would highly recommend it.

I have no Idea what it normally costs as it was for work and was charged at airline rates. I also don't know what the connections are like but it didn't seem too far to have to walk.

Hope that helps!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stayed in both many times, they are ok. What used to be the radisson SAS was the best.

Popped over there on the Trans Pennine XP route last Tuesday. Spent a while exploring and have booked the Radisson Blu as it is now known. Met some good folk on the train though including a bloke just returned from Helman Province; very interesting chat with him. He had two suitcases; one for his personal stuff the other for his body armour :O

By the way, Manchester Airport Station is very boring but the Sheffield to Manchester run is always fun.

Thanks for your help.

P @ 36E

Archived