Trains on the telly

roythebus

With sport, sport and more sport on the box this evening, the TV guide system up the spout because of the digital cock-up in my area, I went channel surfing and found an evening of TRAINS on BBC4 this evening. what a delight!

Trains and lieterature/films had a good shot at Evercreech Junction with a GW2233, a Gresley brake coach. GW coach and an SR utility van in the consist! No-one would belive that if you modelled it.

Then about railways in India and south Africa. didn't watch all those as I had to go out foraging for food.

But some excellent shots on the first programme. there was also a movie of a train crash in the US; whether that was staged or a real collision made me wonder.

• RMweb Premium

None of them were marked as new programmes in the TV guides.

I can remember the Tazara Railway one and the Indian Hospital train and the Trains in movies etc. also sounds familiar

Keith

Yup - they have all been on before, but are all good programmes. Personally when I watch TV I watch little other than BBC4 - it (together with to a lesser extent BBC2) is almost the only channel left that shows other than mindless drivel.

• RMweb Premium

I saw it was on but the girlfriend simultaneously spotted that there were back-to-back girly films on so I got drunk and sat through an evening of utter pap.......

Archived