Jump to content
 

Possible Dynamis problem. Help


Chester 175

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. Need some help, advice, solutions.

Had a Bachmann Dynamis controller for the last 4 years and its worked relatively trouble free until now. Trains are run on an almost daily basis at the moment (thanks to poor weather restricting my outdoor hobbies). However ive just switched the Dynamis on today and vast majority of trains decided to up sticks and run off their own accord. I tried one alone on the service track and it did exactly the same thing. After speaking to a friend i restored default factory settings on the dynamis but this has not worked. Its like the system isnt reading any of the decoders.

Has anyone got any ideas? My initial thoughts are that it is the Dynamis thats at fault and not the layout or trains.

Chester 175

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

A friend experienced a similar problem a couple of years back, his unit was still withing the 12 month guarantee period and was replaced, a component within the hand held unit had failed,

 

Have you tried removing all locos from the layout except one, then testing the system using the known address of the remaining loco?

 

This was the initial advice which was given when his unit became faulty, it was found that the loco responded to more than one address which gave the indication of component failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

A friend experienced a similar problem a couple of years back, his unit was still withing the 12 month guarantee period and was replaced, a component within the hand held unit had failed,

 

Have you tried removing all locos from the layout except one, then testing the system using the known address of the remaining loco?

 

This was the initial advice which was given when his unit became faulty, it was found that the loco responded to more than one address which gave the indication of component failure.

 

I tried the DB Schenker 66 alone on the service track. As soon as power was supplied to the track the loco sped off!!!!!!!!

 

Will check again in the morning as had to go to work not long after posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a problem where RF interference has caused random instructions to be sent to locos on the track. I'm currently trying to build my own shielding into the unit. Kin of wish I'd used the aluminium backed insulation to line the shed now, this would have solved the problem for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...