Source for N gauge class 73 detailing bits?

Hello all,

i bought (what I thought was) nice little Dapol 73 off ebay. got it for £30 including postage. It got here and in the description it didn't mentio half the details had falled off at one end...

cust story short, I got a part refund and I need the following:

Brass buffers large round type (no big deal know where to find them)

I need Multiple unit cables (SR style) and associated sockets

It is also in South west trains livery, since a BR green one doesn;t seem to be found very often with my luck this might get repainted.

Any hints or tips on repainting??? I prefer the sound of sprays, halfords to be exact.

cheers

It is also in South west trains livery, since a BR green one doesn;t seem to be found very often with my luck this might get repainted.

If it is in SWT livery then its a production JB 73/1 loco and would never have been painted in BR green so there is no need to bother. Only the six prototype JA 73/0s entered service in a green livery and they didn't stay green for long - that's why you don't find many of them.

G.

If it is in SWT livery then its a production JB 73/1 loco and would never have been painted in BR green so there is no need to bother. Only the six prototype JA 73/0s entered service in a green livery and they didn't stay green for long - that's why you don't find many of them.

G.

Fair enough.

I'm actually starting to like the SWT livery, adds a bit of colour to my collection!

I can see me kitbashing some pits together mind!!

Would it be worth contacting Dapol just on the offchance they have some bits knocking about? (they sometimes do have various bits)

EDIT: how long did the JA's stay green for? are we talking a matter of months or a year?

Would it be worth contacting Dapol just on the offchance they have some bits knocking about? (they sometimes do have various bits)

Certainly worth a try. The 73 was one of their first locos so I do not know if they will still have any bits for it but no harm in asking.

how long did the JA's stay green for? are we talking a matter of months or a year?
It was a few years. Introduced in 1962, they were still in green when the JBs were introduced in 1965. They probably got plain blue with full yellow ends by the end of the 1960s. Note, just as with the early blue, there were two versions of the green livery and it was the early, plainer version that had yellow panels, just to confuse things.

I gave Dapol a phone call today and they have just transferred their spares and repairs department to DCC or DCC supplies or something like that... anyway rang through to them and they have said they will have a look through, but they are not entirely sure if they will have spare jumper cables and horns.

Also, Bernard, don't you do EMU and Southern electric horns and jumpers anyways?

• RMweb Premium

I gave Dapol a phone call today and they have just transferred their spares and repairs department to DCC or DCC supplies or something like that... anyway rang through to them and they have said they will have a look through, but they are not entirely sure if they will have spare jumper cables and horns.

Also, Bernard, don't you do EMU and Southern electric horns and jumpers anyways?

Hi

I have a spare body complete with horns and jumpers if you want to make me an offer. The chassis went under the Signal Box LE 73002.

Cheers

Paul

Archived