Any steam on the Waterloo-Bournemouth line this week?

GreenDiesel

I'm in southern England for another week yet (visiting my wife's family) before we are to return on Sunday.

I often take my sons & nephews to a train bridge in Winchester where we sometimes spend hours watching passenger & freight trains. I've done a little research & checking, and it seems that the Dorset Coast Express was originally scheduled on this line today but that it had been since cancelled. (I checked railwaytouring.net and another site to find out that today's steam train had been cancelled.)

Does anyone know if any steam excursions are scheduled on this line this week? It would be great to see one! Just thought I'd ask in case I'm overlooking any other websites.

Thanks,

Rob

Google is your friend

Here's a list of steam tours, I've not looked to see if any are suitable for you

http://www.uksteam.i...tours/trs12.htm

Thanks! I just checked that site & that is the one where I learned that the Dorset Coast Express (originally scheduled for today according to an ad in Steam Railway magazine) was cancelled. So, it doesn't look like there are any others scheduled for this week. :-(

Rob

Archived