Laser Cut Loco Frames?

Why such a big sheet, companies like PPD will take just about any size. My last etched sheet was only 100mm * 100mm.

Mike

Who are PPD? I've always used Chempix and they only want to supply 450x350mm sheets, which is fine by me normally but my chassis frames fret is a whopping 46x22mm!

I think Ultrascale have produced some plastic overlays for the Hornby (China) 28xx. Think those were laser-cut.

Interesting, I may have to enquire further

I've had a quote from a couple of companies and at present it's no cheaper than the A3 sheet from Chempix! I will try PPD and see what they say.

Richard,

several kit producers have moved away from Chempix owing to their new T&Cs. These include minimum order limits which while acceptable to larger customers haven't been acceptable to smaller volume customers.

Jol

Richard,

several kit producers have moved away from Chempix owing to their new T&Cs. These include minimum order limits which while acceptable to larger customers haven't been acceptable to smaller volume customers.

Jol

It certainly doesn't suit my chassis requirements, a very small amount of 0.5mm sheet. I have a lot more 0.2mm sheet stuff but it would still take me a while to get enough together to make an order.

Archived