If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

WillieO

Hi All

I was given this site as a source of help regarding my project - building Wick Station on the far North line?

I am originally from Wick but now live in Inverness. I am also part of the Inverness MRC.

I have set up a web site for this project - http://www.wickrailwaystationproject.co.uk

Any pics or info would be greatfully recieved?

Kind regards

Willie

post-16748-0-48771700-1347484998_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum, from someone doing the next station along! I presume you have done the usual searches, and know about Ernie's Scottish Archive ( sorry, link not working ATM, but a quick google will find it) but perhaps say what sort of information you are looking for. Why not start a layout thread- this usually flushes out all sort of useful information- as there are some very knowledgable folk around here.

Look forward to seeing more about this interesting project.

Thanks for the reply! I'm basically looking for any photos of the station area? I came across two pics of the Wick coal tower, which I think were submitted by yourself, but can't seem to find them now!!? I will also have a search for Ernie's Scottish Archive, (thanks for that!)

Work takes up a lot of my time, so progress will be as and when?

Kind regards

Willie

• RMweb Premium

Hi Willie and welcome aboard.

I'd suggest that you move your request to a more appropriate part of the site, as this bit is really just for new members saying hello, and may not be visited by those with the answers.

Regards

Stewart

I have posted two photos of the Wick Coaler in UK prototype questions, where they will reach a wider audience hopefully. I do have one or two general views of the yard taken at the same time I haven't scanned yet if you are interested. Another source of images is am Baile- the Highland library website. Go to photographic collections and look at the Highland Railway Society's collections- stations- and be prepared to lose an hour or two of your life, They are broadly alphabetical, and go through the alphabet twice, but there are some Wick shots included.

HTH

Archived