Info on CMX Track Cleaner "shoe" wanted please

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I'm making my own version of the CMX Track Cleaner and am at the stage where I'm working on the cleaning shoe. Can anyone give any details/photos on the CMX version please? Is the shoe a solid block with a hole in the middle for the fluid nozzle? Is it a hollow assembly with multiple holes to ensure equal wetting of the cleaning cloth? Or maybe milled channels beneath the cleaning cloth to act as fluid pathways? I'd be interested in any info you are able to give please, on both 00/H0 and N Gauge versions if possible. Many thanks!

polybear.

p.s. I'll post some piccies when I get ready to assemble the component parts, hopefully in just a few weeks' time (it's a Thursday evening Model Engineering class project at College)

I think is solid with 3 holes 1 for the fluid and the other 2 for the screws (i modified mine quite a few years ago so i cant check)

Hth

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the replies and information; I've also received some photos off-list which confirms what Jim has said above. I'm intrigued Jim - what mods. did you make to yours (apart from converting it to P4!) and why - did you find problems with the original design?

Many thanks.

Brian

Guest jim s-w

Hi brian

I didnt find problems but converting to p4 needed new bogies, that made it ride higher so i added some 2mm hardboard to the foot. This is why i cant see the original.

Cheers

Jim

Archived