Chivers Finelines N gauge

finelines

• RMweb Premium

At the weekend I delivered a batch of N gauge wagons to Transport Models, Preston (eBay Kitlady). They are for 4 prototypes that have not been produced for a long time, RC962 GWR Open C, RC963 LMS Long Low, RC964 LMS Bolster Wagon and RC965 LMS Tube Wagon.

Roger

• 1 month later...

I am no expert in GWR, but I have had them described as tube wagons. I think they also carried any merchandise to long to fit into a normal open, like other company's tube wagons.

Roger

In David Larkin's 1977 book there is a picture of an Open C on the same page as the LMS Tube wagon, both looking remarkably similar. Both are marked TUBE above the running number.

Can anyone recommend a source of wheels and Transfers for the three LMS wagons and the Open C?

David

• RMweb Premium

I can give you a number of answers to your question about the BZ but they all go back to the word confidence. My recovery from depression, which I accepted I had another bout of 3 years ago, was an uphill slog followed by a rocket ride into the stratosphere 6 weeks ago. I was so high I had to go "cold turkey" and get off the antidepressants. When I am confident that it is as permenant state as life ever is I will take bigger steps forward. (Bigger!)

I will never be more than semi-retired.

Roger

ps if you are depressed try magnesium supplements.

• RMweb Premium

Don't know about transfers. When I included wheels I supplied Romford 6.2 mm which can be obtained from Parkside and other places. We have not assembled any lately, but we have been making up 009 wagons and we find the Bachmann wagon wheels work as well.

Whilst we are on the subject of wheels, Bachmann coach wheels are not 7mm dia so are not strictly suitable for our parcels vans.

Roger

I can give you a number of answers to your question about the BZ but they all go back to the word confidence. My recovery from depression, which I accepted I had another bout of 3 years ago, was an uphill slog followed by a rocket ride into the stratosphere 6 weeks ago. I was so high I had to go "cold turkey" and get off the antidepressants. When I am confident that it is as permenant state as life ever is I will take bigger steps forward. (Bigger!)

I will never be more than semi-retired.

Roger

ps if you are depressed try magnesium supplements.

Thanks Roger for your full, and frank, reply! Just get well, then take those 2mm bigger! (2+2=4 I hope,), forward!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for your good wishes Peter and others. I have suffered from depression for 50 years although it was only labelled about 30 years ago. I have in recent months had help from a councillor young enough to be my daughter called Jill (NHS) who did a fantastic job.

It is impossible to describe because it changes from week to week and it's almost like a battle.

I could bore for Britain on the Subject.

Roger

Archived