Patronics Yard Lamp 12v DC

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Good evening. I have a lovely Patronics Yard Lamp (for 4mm) that I acquired and the resistor is missing. I asked Patronics for a spare resistor when I ordered more lamps but a spare was not sent with the new order.

There are no instructions in the lamp packs (just a small diagram) but I believe I'm OK with the wiring as it's only two wires, however I need just one resistor and I don't know which type. I expect they cost about 5p so how do I go about getting one as on-line stores won't take 5p pieces!!!!

Many thanks

• RMweb Gold

The Patronics website http://www.patronics.../our-4mm-range/ states

Here to help

Advice on...

If you need specific advice on model railway lighting and lamps then why not email me? I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Of course, if you lived near me, I'd happily drop a 1k and 1k5 off, but you never know when a few resistors will come in handy. I think I got mine from Maplins.

Do you have access to a multimeter? it should be quite straightforward to measure the resistance of the resistor that you have already. Maplin are a ready source of resistors when you know what you want, but you might have to buy ten.

Archived