Jump to content
 

Blog- GWMark's Workbench Blog - Mallard Duke - some stolen time and a little progress


RSS Fetcher

Recommended Posts

Despite having a long list of other things that I really should have been doing I stole a little time this afternoon and evening to work on the Duke - at least this time I know I will have done something on it between Missenden weekends!

 

 

 

Not much has been done to the locomotive itself, I have added two overlays below the footplate that run the length of the valances and provides a row of rivets. Also some back-head detail has been done. The next major job is to do the springs, but I didn't fancy that, so I made a start on the tender. Th main structure has been completed, it needs the wrapper and details to be added and the rather daunting - since it will be a first for me, flare on the tender to be done.

 

A wash with "Shinny Sinks" and it is back in the box until I can steel some more time to work on it. I can also use the excuse that I want to get some nice brass casting for the boiler fittings and also that I need some tender springs, there are only 4 in the box.

 

View the full article

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...