Antiques Roadshow 4th Nov Scarborough

silverlink

For anyone interested take a look at this weeks Antiques Roadshow (4th Nov) as there is the possibility of some Railwayana. I had the pleasure of attending along with a friend at Scarborough where we were showing some station totems, an original 'Scarborough Flyer'& 'Scarborough Spa Express' headboard & some railway posters of Scarborough & Whitley Bay. I am not sure if they will be shown but am quietly confident they will be.

Cheers

silverlink

Thanks Silverlink for the advance notice.

It may be a while before we see it here in OZ, downunder. There have been quite a few replays of the time they were at Swindon lately. Even though I prefer eastern region locos/stock, anything British is good to see.

Mark in OZ

Hi,

saw the totems and headboards briefly in the opening sequence........you must have been lurking in The Shadows somewhere!

Very disappointed,

I was informed by my friend that the BBC had contacted him to say his posters would be featured on the show! so what happened? I now think that both the posters & the totems/headboards will be used in an edition in the new year. Fiona Bruce took the 'Scarborough

Flyer' headboard outside at the end of the afternoon to use in the end sequences.

Ian

• 4 months later...

For anyone interested take a look at this weeks Antiques Roadshow (4th Nov) as there is the possibility of some Railwayana. I had the pleasure of attending along with a friend at Scarborough where we were showing some station totems, an original 'Scarborough Flyer'& 'Scarborough Spa Express' headboard & some railway posters of Scarborough & Whitley Bay. I am not sure if they will be shown but am quietly confident they will be.

Cheers

silverlink

Just seen the new series starts tonight 24th March with the second Scarborough programme being screened on 19th May so hope we will see the above.

silverlink

Archived