GWR 12 Ton Covered Goods Wagon Diagram V23/24 - query

Does anyone know how many GWR 12 Ton Covered Goods Wagon were built to diagram V23/24? I believe they were constructed between 1933 and 1943 to lot number 1141.

I understand there were some 1,100 vans built to diagram V36/37, which was the plywood body variant, but can't find any details about the planked version as set out above.

Guest dilbert

There were lots of Lots... and lots of wagons...

V23 : 11 Lots, n° built = 3,082

V24 : 7 Lots, n° built = 2,389

...dilbert

Guest dilbert

The only other latter day GWR Fruit A was to dia. Y10 of which 130 were built. These were converted cattle wagons (dia. W10).

I can't find any reference to a Y13 - was BR 1/231 a kindred reference? I don't have many references to BR diagrams based on GWR designs... dilbert

This is where I found the reference to diagram Y13 - http://www.greatwestern.org.uk/wagon_draw.htm - it could just be a typo and should refer to Y8.

BR diagram 1/231 was essentially the same as the Y8 but had plywood ends and doors rather than the planked versions on the original GWR design.

The only other latter day GWR Fruit A was to dia. Y10 of which 130 were built. These were converted cattle wagons (dia. W10).

I can't find any reference to a Y13 - was BR 1/231 a kindred reference? I don't have many references to BR diagrams based on GWR designs... dilbert

Guest dilbert

Just checked out the link you supplied and the drawing date for Y13 is listed as 1950 (which makes it a BR dia of GWR origins) but I would conclude that given the differences you state that Y13=BR 1/231.

Likewise for dia Y14 - an BR drawing of a Fruit D (dia Y11) also dated 1950... dilbert

Archived