Roco Multimaus Firmware Upgrade, Anyone got Rocomotion?

delticman

Good Evening All, I need to upgrade my Roco Multimaus, which I have had for a long time and which is currently running Version 1.0 firmware, as it won`t programme 21-pin decoders. I don`t have a suitable computer interface or the software such as Rocomotion or Multicentral Pro and I wondered if there was any kind soul, not too far away, who might have the necessary software or who could help with the upgrade? I live in West London.

Geoff.

It may not be what your after but this is what is listed in the current Mulitamaus manual and doesnt make any reference to 21pin decoders

http://www.roco.cc/en/productsshop/multimaus/update-multizentralepro.html

multiMAUS Firmware V1.02 and language update

For the majority of the multiMAUS users there is no reason to update their multiMAUS with this firmware. The version V1.00 that was delivered since the beginning of production runs properly and stabil. Just in case you wish to have another language package or problems occur in the following circumstances you should upgrade to the new version:

• To address the F13 and the F20 decoder functions (as long as your decoder supports those and they are not occupied yet).
  • Your problem is to programm generic decoder models.
  • You are operating more than 10 feedback modules 10787.
  • During the programming in POM-mode with the LENZ control station the error message "ERR1" appears on the multiMAUS.
  • Despite that there are no feedback contacts activated, blocks in the Rocomotion light up sporadically in pink (occupied).

If one of these points is affecting your operation we recommend the update V1.02.

It is the Physical Rocomotion Hardware - which acts as the computer interface - which is needed (plus the free-download of update software from the Roco site).

I'm in Sandhurst,Berks, but I could take a Rocomotion with me to North Devon (Barnstaple) in a few weeks time. I'm in Henfield (with Roco running G_Scale) tomorrow, but don't plan having a computer with me as the new layout doesn't yet have feedback installed. Early Pro handsets also benefit from an upgrade (via the MultiCentrale) - but presumably Pro users have them by default 8-)

...doesnt make any reference to 21pin decoders

I know that the translation is bad, but Roco do not know how many pins are on the decoder socket any more than the decoder does! If Geoff had 8-pin versions it would not program them either.

Hi Geoff , don't know if it will be of any use to you but Rocomotion can be downloaded from the Roco site , look under produkte/shop on the top line & then look down the list for Rocomotion downloads.

Stewart .

Thanks Stewart but I would still need some sort of interface wouldn`t I ?

It may not be what your after but this is what is listed in the current Mulitamaus manual and doesnt make any reference to 21pin decoders

http://www.roco.cc/e...entralepro.html

multiMAUS Firmware V1.02 and language update

For the majority of the multiMAUS users there is no reason to update their multiMAUS with this firmware. The version V1.00 that was delivered since the beginning of production runs properly and stabil. Just in case you wish to have another language package or problems occur in the following circumstances you should upgrade to the new version:

• To address the F13 and the F20 decoder functions (as long as your decoder supports those and they are not occupied yet).
  • You are operating more than 10 feedback modules 10787.
  • During the programming in POM-mode with the LENZ control station the error message "ERR1" appears on the multiMAUS.
  • Despite that there are no feedback contacts activated, blocks in the Rocomotion light up sporadically in pink (occupied).

If one of these points is affecting your operation we recommend the update V1.02.

I know what you are saying Adie 89 but I am clutching at straws now and perhaps "Your problem is to programm generic decoder models" applies to me. Apparently people with more recent Multimice (which run V1.01 or V1.02) have no problem programming 21=pin decoders. I have tried reducing the track voltage which was suggested to me and had no luck with the 21-pin decoders although the 8-pins could be programmed OK!

The other option suggested is to purchase a Sprog and use Decoder Pro to programme my decoders which is a little excesive to someone who only occassionally tweaks CVs and keeps a record on a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.

I should be able to programme decoders from my handset!

Thanks everyone.

Geoff.

ESU recommend 16-18V for the ECoS on OO/HO layouts. I run mine at just over 17v and the ECoS programmes 21 pin Bachmann and Loksound decoders without any problem. So I think it is unlikely that it is the voltage upsetting the decoders if my experience with a different command stationm is relevant.

Good Evening All,

I have good news to report, as of today my Multimaus will now programme 21-pin decoders thanks to a firmware upgrade to Version 1.02 courtesy of Phil S of this forum. A big thank you to Phil and everyone who contributed with suggestions to fix my problem.

Joy of joys, I love my Multimaus!

Geoff.

Archived