dibber25

* and at Warley Exhibition.

Reviews:

Hornby Thompson non-gangwayed coaches

Murphy Models 071 class

Layouts:

Invergeachy rebuilt (O)

Great Tunsley Dale. (OO) Pete Midwinter's Peak District

Shanklin South (OO) contemporary Isle of Wight in a small space.

Wantage (O) superb Wantage Tramway

Workbench:

Work with resin (GD)

Weather with powders (GD)

Photographic backscenes (CN)

Build a Tyne Dock 9F (GD)

Build a fence (CJL)

Laser cut kits (PM)

Paint wood finishes (Sven Van Der Hart)

Dieselise a Hornby crane (Richard Prestidge)

Regulars:

George's modelling diary (cracked class 31s)

Q&A

Show & Tell

Exhibition Diary

Backscene - 'I'm a model railroader'. A one-subject special this month.

• RMweb Premium

First on the 'to read' list is the article on Peter Midwinter's magnificent Great Tunsley Dale. We're privileged to know the layout but even more privileged to be at Andy's photo shoot earlier in the year: Ray helped set up and dismantle the layout, hence our presence.

The photos are great Andy and give the layout such atmosphere and a sense of the real thing.

Never imagined the end result when you were bent over scenery, getting the lighting stand, backboards, locos and trains in just the right position.

Polly & Ray

PS Pity the Blue Pullman wasn't available at the time: this layout has the scale to justify it.

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if it's me, or my copy, but there do seem to be some exceptionally vivid colours in the illustrations accompanying some articles - Shanklin South was a major shock when I turned to its first page! The Tunsley Dale article looks very interesting as Jeff has mentioned as do several others.

Yes, I see what you mean, Mike. Those blues almost look fluorescent!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

There is a real dayglo appearance about it for sure; I was wondering if the chosen layout builders had all used the brighest shade of orange available to paint their rail sides...!!

Enjoyed reading Great Tunsley Dale and the photographic backscene article; not much for N in this issue but looking forward to Mr Nevard's treatment of Horseley Fields next month :sungum:

David

Just in case any subscribers haven't received a copy yet I've had a note from Bauer as follows:

Please be aware that the current adverse weather conditions and flooding may result in the late delivery of the current issue of your Model Rail magazine.

We and the Royal Mail are working hard to ensure all magazines are delivered on time but road closures and localised flooding may prevent this being possible.

For further information on potential delays in your area please visit the Service Update section of the Royal Mail website.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Kind Regards

Customer Services Team

Bauer Media (Publishers of Model Rail magazine)

Just so Chris doesn't get ambushed again!

Just in case any subscribers haven't received a copy yet I've had a note from Bauer as follows:

Just so Chris doesn't get ambushed again!

i got this e-mail today, can understand it if I lived in a rural area but think Manchester has not had any problems. If there is a problem I don't expect to see it on the shelves in the shops on Thursday, if it is on the shelves then draw your own conclusions. Call me sceptic if you must.

Sorry Andy but it seems as though it's hit and miss if I get my mag each month.

Not sure if it's me, or my copy, but there do seem to be some exceptionally vivid colours in the illustrations accompanying some articles -

Yep, the colours seemed oversaturated especially in some articles. And overall the printing was rather heavy and dark - needed a powerful light shining directly on it to view the pics properly.

G.

Nice to see one of my rake of ICI Hoppers making an appearance on the front cover behind Peters Hornby 8F. I would have taken my Kitmaster Blue Pullman along to the photo shoot earlier this year if I had been able to safely transport it to North Wales on the train oh well!

Cheers Paul

My copy arrived today, a very good issue apart from the dayglo colours, this is the first issue I've ever had with this problem, I hope it's a one off.

TBH I think its more to do with the actual layout than the photographic reproduction.

Love the review of the Irish loco, looks really good.

I think it's just coincidental that there's lots of orange, yellow, red & crimson in photos throughout that perhaps make it seem too vibrant this month. I think also that the front cover is too cluttered and untidy looking. Apart from that though the content is the thing and that's AOK!

Hi All

Thanks for your comments over GTD. Thanks Andy for the photographs they are great. For those of you that would like to see GTD the front section is always up and running at my unit in Nantlle in North Wales. It is hoped that between Christmas and New Year we will have are annual open day with GTD and acouple of other layouts working. For details of this watch on GTD thread or if you want to see the layout just PM me and I will pass on details of contacts.

Cheers

Merry Christmas

Peter

Archived