• RMweb Gold

Hi chaps,

I purchased some of Howard's embossed brick papers last year and have been experimenting with them this afternoon. I've decided to abandon the Pendon, one brick at a time approach as frankly I was ready to kill myself having painted an area the size of a postage stamp! I do have some a couple of Howard's pre-painted brick sheets, but the lack of relief bugs me a little. In the light they seem to 'glint', although with a light wash I'm sure that would disappear.

I'm aware that there probably isn't a quick method, but what other other methods are out there that I could try. (If possible any links to other's work would be great.)

Any tips, or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Nick.

Must admit I failed to paint this stuff to my satisfaction. Did an initial enamel brick coat, and then, when dry, wetted the whole surface with water, wiped if off a bit to keep the water in the mortar grooves and then spotted in acrylic mortar colour with a fine brush, which will then flood through the mortar areas. Results are patchy (which I didn't mind too much), but the mortar grooves are a bit thin to my taste. The method suggested in the Howard Scenics instructions may work better, but I didn't try it.

Archived