The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things Women Say , but what they really mean.

Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Gold

The one that strikes fear and trepidation in me is "how does this look?"

Wrong answers I have used include:

Nice - What do you mean nice, JUST NICE?????????

Actually I preferred the other one - well I (pronounced Eyeeeee) prefer this so I'm wearing it anyway

Lovely - NO, ITS HORRIBLE

I don't like it - WELL I DO!!!

• RMweb Gold

"Would it be a good idea if we...?(insert as appropriate, e.g. a time-consuming change to domestic environment)"

= "I want this done by tomorrow"

Pete

Pete,

I think you've misinterpreted this:

Try: 'I want this done now' as a more accurate interpretation.

Regards

Richard

Research shows that girls develop linguistically much more quickly than boys who never fully catch up. Women quickly learn how to manipulate language to achieve what they want from any situation. That usually means asking for something in a way that produces the least possible grumpiness in their O/H and convinces them of the reasonableness of the request.

• RMweb Gold

Research shows that girls develop linguistically much more quickly than boys who never fully catch up. Women quickly learn how to manipulate language to achieve what they want from any situation. That usually means asking for something in a way that produces the least possible grumpiness in their O/H and convinces them of the reasonableness of the request.

Ashers,

Please could you put that into smaller wurds so's I can understand?

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold

The one that strikes fear and trepidation in me is "how does this look?"

Wrong answers I have used include:

Nice - What do you mean nice, JUST NICE?????????

Actually I preferred the other one - well I (pronounced Eyeeeee) prefer this so I'm wearing it anyway

Lovely - NO, ITS HORRIBLE

I don't like it - WELL I DO!!!

Oh yes! usually uttered in the zone of fear - otherwise known as the seating areas outside the ladies changing rooms in large stores e.g. M&S. Oft have I felt the need to empathise with other ensnared males sentenced to this moment of doom.......!!!!

Phil

Joking aside......

I`ve always been happy to accept the gender differences in the way we relate to each other.......be it Venus or Mars: there`s give and take; advantaged and disadvantaged.

I have an interesting perspective; having mostly studied and worked in (what were then considered) traditionally male environments.

Over these many years, I`ve reached the conclusion that given the right circumstances: both genders are quite-well balanced: inasmuch as BOTH can use language to be manipulative, 'bitchy' and cruel :mosking: .........but in general, people are not at all like that, and (despite what we are often told about the way of such things) remain mostly kind and fair. :)

Guest Belgian

I'm afraid you are totally confused if you believe that - to quote - it 'convinces them of the reasonableness of the request'.

"Over these many years, I`ve reached the conclusion that given the right circumstances: both genders are quite-well balanced: inasmuch as BOTH canuse language to be manipulative, 'bitchy' and cruel :mosking: .........but in general, people are not at all like that, and (despite what we are often told about the way of such things) remain mostly kind and fair."

What a load of old tosh .... oh! sorry Debs, yes, you're quite right.

• RMweb Premium

I have come to the conclusion that the fair sex are always right and far more intelligent than me.

That why I am still single

Reading this reminds me of a car sticker I brought home from Australia. It reads:

"Abolish Divorce. Stay Single."

So very true.

Terry

Try this:

"You've been a long time."

Translation:

"Where were you, who were you with and what were you doing with her?"

You know, anyone would think I was a serial womaniser - No, wait...

Archived