Longwood Goods Yard

Brian Rowe

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian,

I seem to remember this was discussed at the club over 20 years ago.

From memory...

Some information was found in an archive collection at the then Huddersfield Reference Library and also some in the Daily Examiner photo archive.

I also seem to remember that the LNWR Society had a track plan available.

I'd be interested to know how much of the yard you are going to model!

Thanks

We have a good idea of the track plan from O.S. maps. We have modelled the connections from the first pair of running lines into the headshunt and then the lines into the goods shed and onto the coaldrops. We have only included the first pair of open sidings in the yard due to space limits. If you know the area the layout starts at the west end with 4 tracks and the headshunt coming out from under Scar Lane bridge. After passing Longwood Goods SB on the left we then pass the site of the yet to be built goods shed and already finished coal drops. From there we go onto a full scale model of Milnsbridge viaduct and through what should be a model of Longwood and Milnsbridge station but we have built a model of Golcar instead to give us an exit from the layout under the roadbridge. The layout is 21ft x 8ft and has 2 inside tracks of N gauge and 2 outside tracks and goods yard of 2mm FS. We are a group of 5 at the moment so progress is slow but we are building to the finest standards we can achieve.

Brian.

Archived