unusual characters in text

I have just been reading a thread posted today by Andy Y, which contains some strange characters. I have asked about these before some while ago and was told it was something to do with older posts on the new(er) server. However its happening on new posts - see attached copied from the post. Why does this happen? i assume the first occurence in the 3rd line (153 two car DMU....) should say DMU's. Then there are the characters in front of the "features" lines.

Branchline Class 101 joins the first generation game

Bachmann Branchline today announced plans to introduce a OO scale Class 101 first generation diesel multiple unit to complement the Class 105, 108 and Derby Lightweight units already available from the brand.

153 two car DMU’s were built by Metropolitan Cammell between 1956 and 1959. The final members of the Class were withdrawn in 2003 although a number survive in departmental service or on heritage railways. Three car and four car versions were also built.

The new OO model draws on the extensive research material gathered during the production of the Graham Farish N scale version which was released in 2011.

Three two car DMU models will be released initially. These will be in BR green with speed whiskers (32-285), BR green with yellow warning panel (32-286) and BR blue & grey (32-287).

Features include:

• Directional and interior lighting

• DCC single decoder installation (8 PIN)

• Alternative cab fronts and roof styles

Each model has a recommended retail price of £112.75 and will be introduced over the next 18 months.

Archived