Kendal Model Railway Exhibition 26th & 27th January

(The) Youth

Exhibition 2013

Our next exhibition taking place in Kendal MRC's 50th anniversary year will be on

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th January 2013, 10:00 to 17:00 at Lakes Leisure Kendal.

Please keep an eye on this page as it will be updated as and when layouts, traders and stands have been confirmed as attending the show.

Admission:

Adults £5.20

Over 65s £4.20

Children £3.00

Family (2+2) £14.40

Layouts

The following layouts have been confirmed as appearing at our next exhibition:

Old Blarney

OO gauge Irish layout from Perth MRC

Water Street Sidings

O gauge shunting yard in 1910, from Charles Oldroyd of Keighley MRC

St Giles

OO gauge BR Western Region 1980s from Dave Harrison

Melrose End

OO gauge 1930s LMS/LNER layout from Brian Davis

Bocstyn Sidings

Small shunting layout from Dave Burrows

Oxenholme

OO gauge model of Oxenholme Station and Shed – An extended layout from Blackburn MRS has been invited. It is still under construction, but should be ready for our exhibition

Port Maud

Small 2mm scale layout with real water and working tides by Derek Naylor

Hornby Tinplate Live Steam

Live steam O gauge Hornby tinplate by Brian Caton

Maidenhaiste Station

An O gauge preserved railway station from Kendal MRC

Broadhurst Works

An O gauge industrial scene from Kendal MRC

We hope to have a section of our new layout as a static exhibit so you can see how it is progressing.

Traders

The following traders have been confirmed as attending our next exhibition:

Societies and Groups

The following societies and groups have been confirmed as attending our next exhibition:

• 4 weeks later...

I attended the Kendal MRC Show for the first time today with the clan and what a friendly and interestingly diverse show. Picked up a couple of bargains and had a Loco DCC Sound chipped whilst I waited free of charge and had a reduction on price of the new loco and a few pound off the DCC chip itself, which I thought was very good value. The kids loved it and as soon as they got home, Lego pushed aside, they had me help them re-setup their Thomas the Tank engine> so hopefully with mine (sanity) and their perseverance we will have two new recruits....

Great show and thank you for making it very welcoming and inviting, and great layouts too - Oxenholme was my favourite (I live only 6 miles from the station and have a few books of South Lakes lines...), St. Giles was a great layout and I believe it was shown on the BBC4 Timeshift programme on Model Railways. It was up for sale including all rolling stock! Pity it was BR Western as I would have snapped it up! Lastly, I loved the Port Maud, great idea, and a Derek great chap. Other mentions of particular note Melrose End, Bocstyn Sidings, Old Blarney. In fact all the layouts were of superb quality and one can see the hard work and effort implemented in all the layouts at the show. The layouts and the show (albeit a small show) was a credit to the hobby. Well done KMRC and Happy 50th!

Archived