The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Are You Sitting Comfortably?

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

Listen With Mother (introduced by the plinker-plong music) was certainly a key 15" of the day in my earliest years. I particularly recall being miffed - nay, outraged - by the cancellation of the programme the day George VI popped them. Woman's Hour, which followed at 2 p.m., was deadly dull, by contrast!

• RMweb Premium

It's funny but that LWW theme music has stuck in my memory for so many years - instantly I'm taken back to a much nicer, safer world.

(It's a load of rubbish of course, but a man can dream...)

Listen With Mother (introduced by the plinker-plong music) was certainly a key 15" of the day in my earliest years. I particularly recall being miffed - nay, outraged - by the cancellation of the programme the day George VI popped them. Woman's Hour, which followed at 2 p.m., was deadly dull, by contrast!

Nowadays, Woman's Hour has really upped its game, or am I now the right age to enjoy it?!

• RMweb Premium

I can still 'hear' her voice but I remember feeling let down when the story didn't come up trumps.  Rivet counter even at that age...one, two, ffree....oh, yes, and 'my' class listened to it when I taught the 4-5year olds (1970s) and I still loved it, though they said on the radio this morning that the adult audience was bigger than the youngster's in the latter years - all those mums and grans, I expect, reminiscing or waiting for Woman's Hour or both.

She'll be sadly missed in our childhood memories.

Archived