Carlton Railway Society - Model Railway Show - 16th March

steve1

A very pleasant friendly little show.

The Courtyard, Boothferry Road, Goole, East Yorkshire (5 mins walk from Goole railway station)

10.30am-4pm

£3 adults, concessions and family tickets available

Three rooms of layouts and trade, plus refreshments.

I'll be there with Starker Verkehr should anyone wish to say hello.

steve

Rangers,

Sorry, I don't what other layouts will be there, I'm only an exhibitor, not an organiser. I can tell you that there will be 15 layouts in total, according to the (hard copy) poster I've just been sent. There is usually some trade as well.

It's their third show and the last two were good fun. They had a very pleasant friendly atmosphere.

Carlton don't appear to have a website or any other web presence, which is a bit unfortunate.

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Was tempted to make the run up from Nottingham and it was worth the trip. Very friendly show, good standard of models and a very relaxed atmosphere. A very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Excellent small show spread over three rooms. Good selection of layouts and looked to be well supported.

I am coming to the conclusion that this type of small one day show are the type that I will be attending in the future.

A most enjoyable day out with the layout. Many thanks to the organisers for a very fine show and great hospitality, especially the fried egg sandwiches while setting up! Also to Jeff for for operating assistance.

See you next year!

steve

Well it must be me, but what I saw at the show is at variance with others posting on here,  I thought it was very disappointing and wish I hadn't gone.

There was only one OO gauge layout that offered anything operationally and there were only two trade stalls, although Going Loco did have a good selection on show and at least I came away with a coach I wanted.  I saw a lot of tiny layouts, some were just mere circles of track with no sidings or points etc. I suppose if you like the small scales it might have offered something . A friend arrived and he only spent half an hour there.

Sorry to be negative but I really didn't enjoy.

Archived