Par Station & St Blazey Depot, 1980's Cornish Mainline in N scale

cornish trains jez

Thanks mate! It's fun scratch building but a very time consuming operation. However it's a far more pleasant experience building the signal box than building the footbridge!

The next structure will be the island platform canopy......mmmh which could prove tricky with all those joists and cross beams to model!!! Agghhhhhhh!!!  :O

You're going to have fun with Millers Dale, I was looking at the station building on the disused railways website and it sure looks challenging!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Its quite complex with lots of ins and outs and glazing bars all over the place. Im currently building the viaducts which are quite fun but much like your canopies just lots and lots of steel beams and girders.

Cav

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon,

Not much progress has taken place lately on Par as I have been tinkering with a class 90 ac electric and will resume progress on Par once this is finished. However a few bits have been done namely laying more of the easitrac and I have now fitted the window frames into the signal box and will start building in the floor to the box using the floor plan kindly drawn out out for me by Craig (Winterbournecm).

A new loco arrival in the shape of 37196 "Tre Pol and Pen" in railfreight grey livery is the latest addition to the layout expertly resprayed for me by David Penman of Custom Resprays. I can thoroughly recommend his work and I am really pleased with this model. Since receiving the model back, I have added buffer beam detailing and snowploughs as in this photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/52409131@N05/8683671706/in/photolist-eem64G

post-10222-0-48127600-1376835604_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-67870900-1376835628_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-40662400-1376835674_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 9

Nice. I will soon be having a similar one for Millers Dale should I find a cheap enough donor model!!

Cav

Hi Cav,

I agree, re-tooled Farish 37's seem to be difficult to come across at a reasonable price. I've got 5 so far and in the process of renumbering a couple, but could do with a few more for Par as they were the motive power of choice on china clay trains in the 80's.

Best regards,

Jeremy

In KMRC they got coal sector RF farish 37's for less then £59.

No conneection with them or anything just seen they were being sold cheaper in the N gauge bargain section.

Cheers

Jack

Just realised the P&P ontop of that too.

In KMRC they got coal sector RF farish 37's for less then £59.

No conneection with them or anything just seen they were being sold cheaper in the N gauge bargain section.

Cheers

Jack

Just realised the P&P ontop of that too.

Excellent find Jack! That's a really good price seeing as most places seem to be retailing them at £83.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Good evening,

Today I received some 3D printed lamps from Shapeways which had been kindly designed for me by Cav (RBE on RMweb) from photos of the prototype. Thanks again to Cav for producing these for me as they have turned out really well and tonight I decided to loosely position them on the layout to see how they would look. They are a little rough in texture from the printing but this is perfect as the real ones were concrete so this adds to the realism and will look great once painted. This style of lamp was commonplace on the Cornish mainline at most stations.

I have positioned these on the board which is yet to have the track converted to easitrac but it is the only one which had been ballasted before I decided to convert to 2FS. I also plan to resurface the platforms with a very thin layer of card and paving slabs individually cut out and glued into place as I am not 100% happy with the current finish.

Sprue of single lamps.

post-10222-0-24443100-1377201422_thumb.jpg

View from the roadbridge.

post-10222-0-13875400-1377200984_thumb.jpg

View from the roadbridge with class 37 and NSE liveried class 50 passing through.

post-10222-0-14185800-1377201046_thumb.jpg

Close up of the lamps with loco class 37 on short speedlink and 50 arriving with an up express.

post-10222-0-85189800-1377201147_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 12

Good evening,

A few developments today and some inspiration to crack on with Par. Now that the lamps are here, I plan to finish off the platforms on board 2 and get the lamps installed. Also, now that I have finished detailing my Farish class 90, A little side project - thread here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74222-farish-class-90-upgrade-with-ph-designs-detail-parts/ , I can come back to the signal box too and start finishing that off as well.

I also need to continue swapping the Peco code 55 to the easitrac.

A few little shots posed today with my latest arrival, 50042 "Triumph".

post-10222-0-77435000-1377365002_thumb.jpg

Double heading with 50030

post-10222-0-31817600-1377365033_thumb.jpg

Class 50's passing in Par station, 50030 "Repulse" on parcels and 50042 "Triumph" on a Penzance bound express.

post-10222-0-19734600-1377365253_thumb.jpg

Par footbridge

post-10222-0-45964300-1377365283_thumb.jpg

Par signal box, all window frames in, just need to fit in the sash windows now.

post-10222-0-71995600-1377365345_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Good stuff Jeremy

Glad that PW team are getting the fine scale track going...looks so much better.

Is that a CJM 50? Always felt that Large logo livery really suited them :yes:

• Like 1

Jeremy

That track looks superb as does the rest of the layout so far. The NSE class 50 brings back many happy memories of travelling to the South West.

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for your comments. It's so strange that Network Southeast actually operated in the far West. Should have been Network Southwest!!