Par Station & St Blazey Depot, 1980's Cornish Mainline in N scale

cornish trains jez

Good stuff Jeremy

Glad that PW team are getting the fine scale track going...looks so much better.

Is that a CJM 50? Always felt that Large logo livery really suited them :yes:

Hi Pete, Thanks for inspiring me to change to 2FS track. Both 50's are from CJM, I have to agree with you, the large logo blue suited them the best.

• Like 1

Hello Jez.

I am not known for my liking of diesel engines but you know what, that class 50 with the large logo looks absolutely superb! The finish is spot on, I could be tempted with one of those after seeing that.

Fantastic work Jez. Keep the posts comming...

Missy :)

• Like 1

It will look great Cav, and I'm especially looking forward to seeing your viaduct.

Its the next thing on my list of to do's. I sent the drawings off to the etchers the other day for the balustrades so should be coming together when those get back. The most expensive viaducts ever!! well over £150 for bits to make the two!  :O Certainly not something I would usually dump that much cash at if they weren't going to be the centrepiece of the whole layout.

Cav

Hello Jez.

I am not known for my liking of diesel engines but you know what, that class 50 with the large logo looks absolutely superb! The finish is spot on, I could be tempted with one of those after seeing that.

Fantastic work Jez. Keep the posts comming...

Missy :)

Hi Missy,

I can't take credit for the 50's unfortunately as they are the superb work of Chris Marchant at CJM. Thanks for looking in and I'll try and post more regular updates on the layout now that my class 90 project is finished.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Its the next thing on my list of to do's. I sent the drawings off to the etchers the other day for the balustrades so should be coming together when those get back. The most expensive viaducts ever!! well over £150 for bits to make the two!  :O Certainly not something I would usually dump that much cash at if they weren't going to be the centrepiece of the whole layout.

Cav

I'm sure the etches will be worth the money mate. And like you say, they are going to be the centrepiece. Out of interest, do the etchers do any kind of design? Only I may need some windows at some point.

Hi Jeremy the etches arent costing that its the cost in total for the plastruct sections and the etches. The metal is half the cost of the plastic bits! Drop me a PM with what you need window wise.

• RMweb Gold

:O :o :O

Edited by bcnPete

Hello

I like your 37`s, have they been lowered? The bogies seem to sit better against the shell then the other ones i`ve seen.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have raised the bogies up about 0.75mm so they sit closer to the body. It's well worth the effort as it gives a better appearance to an already good loco.

Berst regards,

Jeremy

Yes i agree, it looks a lot better. How did you do this? Was it a easy conversion?

Matt

Hi Matt,

It's a fairly straight forward job. I have another 37 planned for conversion soon so I'll detail how I did it on this thread as it's a bit easier to explain in pictures.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Today has seen the platform tops glued into position onto which the final layer of platform will be fixed. A start has also been made on fixing the flagstones into position which have been cut out into individual stones and glued down onto the platform top. A long process but I hope the end result will be worthwhile. Once the entire flagstones are fixed down and the remaining platform top, I'll paint the whole lot in one go with acrylics, picking out individual stones, as per the prototype.

The platform lamps have also been offered into position. Apologies for the poor quality photos.

post-10222-0-04305600-1377545813_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-58978100-1377546228_thumb.jpg

HST at Par

post-10222-0-16577600-1377546255_thumb.jpg

A view down the platform. The real location has been photographed many a time from this posiiton.

post-10222-0-62571600-1377546348_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 6

An extra little update tonight. I decided to retreat to the workbench and make a start on the PBA Tiger china clay wagon. If all goes well building this, I may just attempt a whole rake as I have seen several photos of 47's and Peaks hauling a rake of these out of St Blazey.

I put the Taylor Precision models Y25C bogies together and offered them onto the body and it looks rather smart. The body needs a considerable amount of smoothing but I'm hoping it will be worth the effort.

I've also drawn up plans and dimensions for the Network Rail building (photo below) which is situated to the West end of the station on the St Blazey side. It looks a fairly straight forward building to put together, no where near as fiddly as the signal box.

Network rail building.

post-10222-0-88858300-1377554091_thumb.jpg

PBA wagon.

post-10222-0-92825500-1377553843_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-44399500-1377553870_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy,

All the photographs I have seen of the clay tiger wagons suggest they have the fabricated Y25 bogies, rather than the cast frame.

There is a good gallery of shots on Martyn Read's excellent website here: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/J-/JIA-bogie-covered-hoppers/JIA-Clay-Tiger

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Jeremy,

All the photographs I have seen of the clay tiger wagons suggest they have the fabricated Y25 bogies, rather than the cast frame.

There is a good gallery of shots on Martyn Read's excellent website here: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/J-/JIA-bogie-covered-hoppers/JIA-Clay-Tiger

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben. I'll check out the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have decided to no longer make this my permanent long term project and will revert back to my original plan of Par being an exhibition layout. I have given myself a timeline of end of 2014 for completion. So it will be ready for exhibitions in January 2015 onwards. I currently have a mini project on the go too which will be my little permanent home layout for the time being, Par taking priority from late this year!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 3