RMweb

Small folding 00 Layout re-kindles interest

stu357

• 2 years later...

Well, here we are Dec 2016,

thought I'd add some updated shots.

we are still building, Chloe is still (just about) interested.

the very tight radius track curves affect the scenery and compromise some areas,

gallery_16311_3480_43906.jpg

we have a disused signal box with stinky interior!

gallery_16311_3509_161216.jpg

and some new streets

gallery_16311_3480_35374.jpg

As I was running out of space, the area above Tesco that was just a box to hide controllers has now become scenic and has a car park.

gallery_16311_3480_72793.jpg

I've taken to painting more effects and using more in plasticard. Also shortening and repainting resin buildings.

gallery_16311_3480_78134.jpg

Only problem now is I seem to need stronger and stronger glasses every time I go to the opticians.

• Like 5

The latest project has been some hedges and grass.

These are based on hanging basket liners for base grass,

rubberised horse hair for wild mixed hedges and a bit of static grass and flock over the top.

gallery_16311_4128_64365.jpg

you can see the original signals and track bed, I'm just adding things around the track as I go.

gallery_16311_4128_134690.jpg

Fences are Knightwing, advertising board Modelrailway Scenery.

gallery_16311_4128_419774.jpg

You can see the small overall size of the layout in the background.

gallery_16311_4128_76981.jpg

The steel sidings were formed by gluing half pencils to two interlocking pieces of wood and pressing coke can in between them.

gallery_16311_4128_234193.jpg

the small brick building on the platform is the end I cut off the building in the picture above and below..

Dalmatian and Rabbits are white metal Langley models.

gallery_16311_4128_337312.jpg

extreme radius of curve into the TMD gives the game away,

gallery_16311_4128_30351.jpg

raised relay cabinet is from spare tubing, railings from bird feeder mesh and fine filter mesh for floor.

gallery_16311_4128_76739.jpg

Again, I'd like to say a big thanks to people on this forum as most of this has been done with techniques I've read about on here and didn't have any idea about 5 years ago.

These scenes seemed to take such a long time, there are still some refinements needed. Hope you don't mind me sharing,

Stu.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Wow, I've only just dropped on to this thread, and your modelmaking is superb.  The attention to detail and realism is absolutely brilliant, and even more impressive considering how much you've gotten in to a small space, without it looking toy like or cramped.  Excellent work!

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow, I've only just dropped on to this thread, and your modelmaking is superb.  The attention to detail and realism is absolutely brilliant, and even more impressive considering how much you've gotten in to a small space, without it looking toy like or cramped.  Excellent work!

I have to agree, Chloe has a very understanding dad! and dad has a wonderful love for his daughter, (TRAINS UNITE!!), I have always bemoaned the fact that I have not had the room for a railway but you have made me re think!! I am now in planning mode subject to permission from SWBO.

Rgds......MIke

• Like 1