1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Or this, even!    :O :o :O

thats not a monetary currency it is a yo yo. The beginning of 2013 is scary. Still we did the New Zealanders and Australians no favours when we joined the European market....maybe if we finally leave the EU we will come back cap in hand and build stronger relations ships than the odd joint of lamb. 

It's more like a Political-Speak  ...........................   you know like politicians only tell part of the truth    ......   Statisticians do the same  ......

thats not a monetary currency it is a yo yo ........................

The Graph has been cut off so it only shows the top bit with variations  ...........   It is a Statistics trick to make things look far more varied and volatile than they really are  ..............   [Lies, Damned Lies and Statisticians. ..   :gamer:   ]

.............      The NZ Dollar has gone from being worth about 36 Pence to about 51 Pence - and took 10 years to get there.

Over the same ten years the Euro seems to have gone from around 67 Pence to about 80 Pence and the US Dollar has gone from costing 55 Pence to 60 Pence each.

It would seem that the UK£ has lost approximately 15% of its overall value and the [very much smaller] remainder of the variations are down to the individual performances of the other 3 currencies.

..........................  which may explain why there are so many Statisticians working in Advertising  ............     :crazy:   ................    you know the one "25% less salt" - Excuse me but "less" than what?  How about "No added Sugar" - always a good one until some person asks - "Since it still tastes as sweet - what unnatural  chemical replaced the Sugar?"

How about these

Voted best car of the year in 2013  .........

94% of Housewives choose this Washing-up liquid  .............

Awarded Book of the Year in 2014  ................

and just for Kal - Line Speed 5 times faster than Standard Broadband  .................

this exercise programme will have you 100% fit  ..........

Recommended by 99% of Dentists  ..............

10% whiter   ..................

You must take fluid while exercising - your body looses x fluid ounces every 5 minutes - if you feel thirsty it is too late   .........

43% of votes went to the ***  ................  

This **** will make you slim faster {as part of a calorie controlled diet}   ..................]

SWMBO is constantly having to remind me that - I have already shouted at that TV advert, 6 times this week  .....     :crazy:

Edit - I have just felt what felt rather like Shock Wave and Backdraught from what was probably the direction of Lincolnshire  ...

Edited by jcredfer

I do try, to keep my thread,in line with National Daily's........

The one's............that have,..........mostly............picture's, in them............

Ahh the good old tabloids, just like me.............

What is it they say, a picture speaks................jibberish???

Jinty ;-)

Ahh the good old tabloids, just like me.............

What is it they say, a picture speaks................jibberish???

Jinty ;-)

Hey......we could have used that.....Jibberish...much esker to spell than indecipherables....LMAO.

It's more like a Political-Speak  ...........................   you know like politicians only tell part of the truth    ......   Statisticians do the same  ......

The Graph has been cut off so it only shows the top bit with variations  ...........   It is a Statistics trick to make things look far more varied and volatile than they really are  ..............   [Lies, Damned Lies and Statisticians. ..   :gamer:   ]

.............      The NZ Dollar has gone from being worth about 36 Pence to about 51 Pence - and took 10 years to get there.

Over the same ten years the Euro seems to have gone from around 67 Pence to about 80 Pence and the US Dollar has gone from costing 55 Pence to 60 Pence each.

It would seem that the UK£ has lost approximately 15% of its overall value and the [very much smaller] remainder of the variations are down to the individual performances of the other 3 currencies.

..........................  which may explain why there are so many Statisticians working in Advertising  ............     :crazy:   ................    you know the one "25% less salt" - Excuse me but "less" than what?  How about "No added Sugar" - always a good one until some person asks - "Since it still tastes as sweet - what unnatural  chemical replaced the Sugar?"

How about these

Voted best car of the year in 2013  .........

94% of Housewives choose this Washing-up liquid  .............

Awarded Book of the Year in 2014  ................

and just for Kal - Line Speed 5 times faster than Standard Broadband  .................

this exercise programme will have you 100% fit  ..........

Recommended by 99% of Dentists  ..............

10% whiter   ..................

You must take fluid while exercising - your body looses x fluid ounces every 5 minutes - if you feel thirsty it is too late   .........

43% of votes went to the ***  ................  

This **** will make you slim faster {as part of a calorie controlled diet}   ..................]

SWMBO is constantly having to remind me that - I have already shouted at that TV advert, 6 times this week  .....     :crazy:

Edit - I have just felt what felt rather like Shock Wave and Backdraught from what was probably the direction of Lincolnshire  ...

Actually we agree. lies...damn lies..etc...is one of Kal's favourite saying.

Oi toddy.....slap a picture up......

Oi toddy.....slap a picture up......

:drag:  Am laying....smoke...........

post-13585-0-26777600-1403214804_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-98301000-1403214807_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-39803300-1403214813_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-24228400-1403214817_thumb.jpg

Still laying Smoke................. :smoke:  :smoke:  :smoke: .............

. :warning: ......................Oi....................catch........... :bomb_mini:

• Like 5

ooooh no........far to clever for that............ :scared:  :scared:

does it have a 3 second fuse?     .3...... :bomb_mini:.....2..... :bomb_mini:....1..... :bomb_mini:....Zero :hunter:  nope still here............  :P .... :jester:

nice pics btw...... :sungum:

Monik,

Major Works.............is to pay a visit today............doubly taxing.........

Convert .an 8-yard skip, to a  6-yard skip...........

....................6.yrds

4.mm           =             :scratchhead:

post-13585-0-11694700-1403250530_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I rarely, attend............ *bay, it just seem's my,  specific,searches, have had 2 hit's this week.............

This is bargin No.2............

post-13585-0-19175100-1403255205_thumb.jpg

If anyone want's Class 73's...or   Alternative   EMU's....

have a look in here..............look here

• Like 5

I'm not so sure things would work out with dt as a Network Rail consultant   .........................................    :scratchhead:

..................................................    the Network would work so well, the Train Companies would have no-one to blame for rubbish services   .......      :no: ........  :jester: :jester:

He would keep ripping the track up. !!!!!! :-)

True   .....    but.......

He would keep ripping the track up. !!!!!! :-)

.............................   he only takes a couple of days to get it back again    ...........    and it is improved when it is down too  .....     ;)

An update, for today's, 2. runs.

Mid- Summer's Steam Dream update due to another strike by firemen 
the day time run to Dover Priory

will be diesel hauled throughout  likely to be 47237 or 245.

However the ECS will arrive at Victoria hauled

by steam Black 5 44932,this will then bank the train out of Victoria,after which it will stable at Stewarts Lane.

The evening departure from Victoria
will be steam hauled with Black 5 44932 this is possible as the firemen's

strike, I understand finishes at 5pm.

The Black Five 44932 replaces the booked engine. 70013 Oliver Cromwell

which has problems.

Edited by David Todd

Hi David,

Just a note to tell you how much I enjoy your work. If any layout makes me want to model contemporary prototype yours does, particularly featuring current diesels. I've just had a bad eye-opener. I've six sound steam locos and three diesels, and I realised why I don't run the steam locos with sound very much. It's 'cos - to me - the sound makes the lack of exhaust, etc, even more obvious... :( Just my point of view.

regards,

Tony.

Hi David,

Just a note to tell you how much I enjoy your work. If any layout makes me want to model contemporary prototype yours does, particularly featuring current diesels. I've just had a bad eye-opener. I've six sound steam locos and three diesels, and I realised why I don't run the steam locos with sound very much. It's 'cos - to me - the sound makes the lack of exhaust, etc, even more obvious... :( Just my point of view.

regards,

Tony.

Thank you for your post and sentiment.

It is well documented elsewhere,that I have trouble, with materials, glue's....never mind sound,..............

just wish,.................paint..............was either black or white.........

Great dt   ........................

One of the nicest "topless airbrushing jobs" I have seen in many a year  ........    :jester:  :jester:

Didn't get too many complaints from the Model about being taped up that much then?   ...   :O

More pic's today, of the 2nd airbrush coat, .......While the thunder cloud's pass...............

Well, it it's been there 24.hur's but it is,...........not growing on me...........the paintwork, that is..... 

post-13585-0-66763000-1403622281_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-29246000-1403622288_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-42180200-1403622295_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-80904400-1403622302_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-49005800-1403622308_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Well  ....

,...........not growing on me...........the paintwork, that is.....

I rather like it    ....     :tomato: ...

It seems to have the same depth [or actually lack of it] as the 1:1 and may well take on the different light reflection characteristics as the original.

But it is only an opinion on how it looks from a computer monitor.