Appalling spiv pricing

Guest Mikado

Guest Mikado

Surely this an outrageous price for a book which was published at £33 originally. It may be out of print and very rare but this is beyond the pale! Pure greed.

Mod3

Link to eBay removed.

• RMweb Gold

It looks expensive but if you look on ABe books there appears to be only one copy available, priced at £149-78.

Whether we like it or not the price of a secondhand item is what someone will pay for it.

David

Errr.......has anyone check the classifieds, as one is available at cover price!

Bizarrely it's the originator of this topic. The starting bid price on eBay is less than the OP's Classified price. ;)

Foot. Shot.

Guest Mikado

Bizarrely it's the originator of this topic. The starting bid price on eBay is less than the OP's Classified price. ;)

Foot. Shot.

We will see matey

We will see matey

That phrase grates with me somewhat Geoff (as you signed yourself off in a recent PM). Coincidentally I note the seller on ebay is Geoff4280 who gives his location as Bampton. Of course there's more than one Bampton but there is one due west of Oxford towards the edge of the county (Oh I note that you've removed your location from your profile now). I also note that the image on ebay was the same as Ian Allan Publishing's image but seems to have been replaced, there also seems to be some discrepancy in auction end and estimated delivery dates as though there have been amendments..

I have removed the Classified on RMweb as a precaution that the item may be on sale in more than one place.

Other foot. Shot.

[Additional edit - it appears the book has now been withdrawn from sale on ebay (06-01-14)]

Archived