RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Got everything crossed here for you! Hope all goes well when you flick that switch!

Steve.

Thanks Steve it'll prob be towards the end of the week but hopefully it'll be ok, your long overdue a thread on your excellent layout!! Maybe that could be your New Years resolution ;)

Thanks again, Paul.

• RMweb Gold

I've my fingers crossed for you mate but I'm sure it'll be fine

Very nice looking pointwork ,it make me fancy building some again

Brian

Thanks mate, you should defo give it another go your last efforts were excellent!!

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul,

Your latest installment of finished track looks outstanding. You must be pleased after all the hard work you have put into it.

I see that you are also building the straight sections of track too and I wonder if you could advise me on the relative cost of this as opposed to buying RTR C & L track work for example. Is it cheaper building your own having bought the sleepers, rail and chairs etc?

Cheers

Lee

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,Your latest installment of finished track looks outstanding. You must be pleased after all the hard work you have put into it.I see that you are also building the straight sections of track too and I wonder if you could advise me on the relative cost of this as opposed to buying RTR C & L track work for example. Is it cheaper building your own having bought the sleepers, rail and chairs etc?CheersLee

Thanks Lee for the great compliments, as for the cost I'd have to work it out, the rails are pretty cheep as are the sleepers but the chairs are around £20 for 500.

I was happy using the flexi till I seen how good the exactoscale chairs looked especially with the keys, it's a bit tedious but it's well worth the effort.

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Well after nearly six months in the making at 21.42 the first loco past through Edge Lane Junction, it works!!

One of the points might need tinkering with but overall I'm made up an I'll sleep tonight :D

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well done mate ,I bet your relieved lol

Brian

Yer defo Bri just one switch blade needs fiddling with an at worst I'll just replace it, but that won't stop me from starting to stain the sleepers an paint the rails.

Thanks again, Paul

Ha you do like dropping yourself in it lol

Phrases like "I like oiling things up " and "dirtier the better!!" ,are gold to a perverted mind , Now where do we start on that one lol

Innuendo aside ,I know what you mean ,the blackness of the oil will look nice against the colour of the rail

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Ha you do like dropping yourself in it lol

Phrases like "I like oiling things up " and "dirtier the better!!" ,are gold to a perverted mind , Now where do we start on that one lol

Innuendo aside ,I know what you mean ,the blackness of the oil will look nice against the colour of the rail

Brian

Cheers mate might delete the previous post before I get some dirty old men/women drooling over it.

Cheers I think, Paul ;)

• RMweb Gold

Rail painting last night, I've managed about 2/3 of this side, once they've all had two coats I'll start on the other side, also came across a couple more missing cosmetic chairs so that's on the to do list to.

DE8828A8-BB38-4CA2-AB28-3FEA70195988_zps

F84117F7-1656-46C8-9585-6CFBEE7ECE71_zps

A362808E-AD7E-4C42-9C60-AAE6E230331E_zps

A759107F-DA05-44EE-99C1-630FADDF5EA8_zps

Cheers, Paul

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Jinty, Brian :)

I'm surprised the Mrs hasn't pocketed those coins! I'm trying not to rush the painting as I can't wait to start ballasting, but before I can start that I need install a bit of trunking on the left hand side of the board.

Cheers, Paul