Jump to content

Blog- Fen End Pit's Blog - E4 - just needs buffers and the next project

RSS Fetcher

Recommended Posts

So the E4 got some transfers and looks a lot better for it. I have then picked out the various brass fitments in Humbrol metallic paint and finally given the loco a light covering of Humbrol matt varnish before adding a light dusting of Railmatch Frame Dirt.


I'm quite pleased with the results, it has blended the areas where I'd had to retouch the black nicely.




Left to do are the crew, the buffers and enough coal to get from Cambridge to Marks Tey and back.


As a half painted locomotive isn't the kind of thing you can take out to work on for a Friday evening I've made a start on one of the purchases from Scaleforum, a Penpits sprung chassis for a Bachmann class 24.




So far this is going together nicely though I am finding several places where you need to read the instructions 5-6 times before so you get the gist of what to do next. The multi-volume instruction leaflet is very thorough and all the information is there, it just takes time to digest before wielding a soldering iron. I've now got to the bit with the 'traction ears', not a term you find very often.


The fit of the parts and the way it goes together seems very good and I'm sure that if I can't get this working it won't be the fault of the kit!



Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-7212-0-21046000-1414877077_thu
  • blogentry-7212-0-35002700-1414877084_thu


View the full article

Link to post
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...