Hartlepool Tall Ships 2010

Penrhos1920

With the Tall Ships arriving at Hartlepool next weekend, I was wondering what specials are running and if anything interesting is scheduled through?

Northern Rail are adding coaches to their normal trains and "There will be additional hourly shuttle services between 8am and midnight from Sunderland to Darlington calling only at Hartlepool. Exact timings for this service are still to be confirmed."

Grand Central are running a couple extras to York, Sunderland and Darlington.

I believe that DRS are going to be running some services but I don't know what they will be or the headcode details.

The best thing to do is to join NorthEastGen on yahoo groups and that has the areas freight and special working timings. But the NorthEastDiscussion group will be best to discuss what is running.

Leander is bringing a special from York on the Monday arriving at Hartlepool @ 13:50 and departing at 18:30. Details here: UK Steam Tours Timings But there are no details of how she will be turned. I presume that she will run up to Tyneside rather than reverse to Thornaby?

Times for the DRS shuttle are not on the Tall Ships 2010 website, but are on National Rail Timetables

Ok DRS positioning from Barrow Hill to Heaton run is going to be 47712 , 47802, 57004, 57009 plus cargo d stock for shuttle.

I have some times for this running which should be on friday

Barrowhill 1354hrs

churchfenton 1528hrs

colton junc 1538hrs

yorkydsjn 1547hrs 1552hrs

skelton J pass 1557hrs

skeltonbj pass 1600hrs

tollerton pass 1607hrs

thirsk pass 1618hrs

longlandsjunc pass 1624

northallerton pass 1625hrs

darlington pass 1637hrs

fhilsjun pass 1648hrs

tursdlenjn pass 1650hrs

durham pass 1656hrs

birtley pass 1705hrs

lowfell junc pass 1708hrs

kebgsthjn pass 1711hrs

newcstle pass 1719hrs

heatonjcn pass 1723hrs

heaton cs pass 1726hrs

These times are what I've got from NEGen website and are subject to last minute changes. One of the members said they had been talking to some DRS drivers who were doing this run upto Heaton and they are aware that enthusiasts will be out and should be a good show.

Archived