Layout operators needed

My N gauge layout Ring Road is attending its first two shows this spring:

Trainwest - 9th & 10th April

Wimborne - 16th & 17th April

I've had a couple of tentative offers of help (and very much appreciated they are!), but as I'm not a member of a club, I'm struggling to get the full numbers I need, so I'm opening up this thread to ask for extra help.

Trainwest:

2 operators needed, show provides overnight accommodation

Set up is Friday evening 8th April

Wimborne:

2 operators preferred, though just one extra would be fine - as its local to me, there's room for 1 person to stay in my home overnight if needed.

Set up planned to be Sat morning 9th April

I'm planning to hire a van and load the layout, trestles and stock into that, but the boards almost fit into the back of my car (a Corsa), so a large estate car that can swallow a 5foot long, 30inch wide and 20inch high load would come in very handy if anyone happens to have one of those!

The layout is easy to set up and operate, the main help I need is the loading/unloading, and basically someone to talk to so I don't go mad, and to share driving duties through the day.

If anyone local (or further afield!) fancies helping out at either of these shows, I would be eternally grateful.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested, I'd like to be able to finalise the plans for the shows by the end of January.

Many thanks in advance,

David

Hi David,

At Trainwest I am sure there will be a number of BMRG volunteers who will help you set up and man the layout, there are 2 layouts supplied by BMRG members (Broadford and Pallet Lane) but no club layouts so should make a couple more bods available than usual. Sorry its not definite but worth bearing in mind.

Cheers

Rob.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rob, that's my back-up plan. If I can't get enough helpers, I'll ask the organiser if they can help rustle up a couple of people to help run it for an hour or so each day so I can get a break.

David

David,

Getting volunteers from us will not be a problem, there are enough of us N Gaugers in the Club looking forward to seeing this layout in the flesh.

I'll help out, if you don't mind it backdated to the 80's, with HSTs and the like ;) ;)

Regards

Neal

Chairman

Bemntley Model Railway Group

Archived