Bachmann MK1

Quick one gents...... I need to re-attach some windows after clumsy fingers pushed the glaze. I see one central screw underneath which when undone loosens the body slightly, but is the body held with clips either end? And if so what is the most painless method of popping them to release the shell? Or am missing other screws somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Guy

There is one more screw each end underneath the bogie/close coupling bar.

Simply remove the centre screw in each bogie and then remove the close coupler by unclipping the return spring. You will also need to unclip the pipework at each end of the roof end. Use a decent pair of small pliers or slide the nose of a fine blade underneath the wire and lever upwards. Once out of the holes, swing the wires sideways, away from the roof.

You will then be able to unclip the floor section and remove the loose interior moulding.

• 1 year later...

There is one more screw each end underneath the bogie/close coupling bar.

Simply remove the centre screw in each bogie and then remove the close coupler by unclipping the return spring. You will also need to unclip the pipework at each end of the roof end. Use a decent pair of small pliers or slide the nose of a fine blade underneath the wire and lever upwards. Once out of the holes, swing the wires sideways, away from the roof.

You will then be able to unclip the floor section and remove the loose interior moulding.

Thank you for the advice, will attempt

While about this, explore the construction in full would be my suggestion. Above the solebar it is all clip together. Remove any wire pipe representations up onto the roof, and the roof alone may be unclipped. But you probably need to have body off the chassis and then take it apart tthe first time to see how - that's how I learned anyhow.

While about this, explore the construction in full would be my suggestion. Above the solebar it is all clip together. Remove any wire pipe representations up onto the roof, and the roof alone may be unclipped. But you probably need to have body off the chassis and then take it apart tthe first time to see how - that's how I learned anyhow.

Thank you for your advice.

Archived