Mallard / Blacksmith GWR Inspection Saloon

Help wanted, please.   Does anyone have an unmade kit of the GWR Inspection Saloon?  

I am asking for Paul Dunn (Coopercraft) who is trying to get it back in to production.  He has been to the etchers but they do not have all the drawings for this kit, in particular those for the balcony ends and gates.  It seems a number of drawings for Mallard and Blacksmith etches are missing, one reason for the difficulties Paul is experiencing in getting the range back on the shelves.

If anyone has a kit, Paul would appreciate being able to borrow it for a short while at either Railwells or Scaleforum.  A possible alternative would be if you could scan these parts and send the scan (at 1:1) to me or Paul.

Help wanted, please.   Does anyone have an unmade kit of the GWR Inspection Saloon?  

I am asking for Paul Dunn (Coopercraft) who is trying to get it back in to production.  He has been to the etchers but they do not have all the drawings for this kit, in particular those for the balcony ends and gates.  It seems a number of drawings for Mallard and Blacksmith etches are missing, one reason for the difficulties Paul is experiencing in getting the range back on the shelves.

If anyone has a kit, Paul would appreciate being able to borrow it for a short while at either Railwells or Scaleforum.  A possible alternative would be if you could scan these parts and send the scan (at 1:1) to me or Paul.

I have an unbuilt kit. I do not attend RailWells or Scaleforum and have a concern to let Coopercraft 'borrow' it for obvious reasons. I am told this kit was drawn up by the late Carl Legg, as were many of the later releases, though I have no first hand knowledge of this.

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

I have an unbuilt kit. I do not attend RailWells or Scaleforum and have a concern to let Coopercraft 'borrow' it for obvious reasons. I am told this kit was drawn up by the late Carl Legg, as were many of the later releases, though I have no first hand knowledge of this.

Mike Wiltshire

If it was drawn up by Carl then maybe a call to his wife Pat who as far as I know is still trading as CPL Products tel 01635 44001 (although the business has been up for sale recently) might establish if this were the case and if the drawings still exist.

I gather that Pat has been contacted but, because the drawings were made some time ago, on an early computer with different software, drawings are not accessible with her 'modern' computer.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I have been sent a picture of the missing parts and am hopeful Paul can do something with this.

Before anyone goes off with incorrect ideas, I am nothing to do with Coopercraft / Blacksmith though I have made some test etches up for Paul.  I am a modeller keen to see some kits on his workbench.  My involvement here is unashamedly selfish.

We can now close this topic.

Archived