MICKLEOVER (Derby) 7mm Narrow Gauge 21st January 2017

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

The Trent Valley Area Group would like to invite all members, friends and other railway modellers to their Open Day on 21st January. Please note that this is at a new venue. After many years at the Community Centre, we have moved a few hundred yards down the road to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Centre. This is the Catholic Church Hall next to the petrol station by the roundabout in the centre of Mickleover. The new venue gives us more space which is all in one large room and so we won’t have displays hidden in classrooms where operators felt left out of the main event. There is a large kitchen and so we will still be able to provide refreshments and another benefit is a separate car park which is not shared with the library users. The only disadvantage is the cost which means a reluctant increase in our admission price to £4 but we hope all our visitors agree that it’s worth it.

This event should see the first public viewing of the replacement to our Henmore layout which had been featured in both Narrow Lines and Railway Modeller. After sustaining some damage at the York show, it was agreed to scrap it and start again - whilst the planning was a long and slow process, we have now reached a point where we would like to share its development with our visitors.

Trade support already agreed with Association Sales, Second-Hand Sales, EDM Models and Port Wynnstay Models.

Anyone wishing to bring a layout, model display, demonstration, items for sale etc should contact Mike Bellamy by email mike.bellamy@btinternet.com with their details. Please offer us something to fill the hall otherwise we'll all be rather lonely !

TRENT VALLEY AREA GROUP

MICKLEOVER (DERBY) OPEN DAY

OUR LADY OF LOURDES PARISH CENTRE

36 UTTOXETER ROAD

MICKLEOVER

DERBY

DE3 9GE

SATURDAY 21ST JANUARY 2017

OPEN 10.00am to 4.00pm

ADMISSION £4.

WEBSITE http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Admin/Shows/TVG3/tvg3.htm  (Thanks to Paul Martin and EDM Models)

Details contact Mike Bellamy 01332 518109 (evenings only) or email mike.bellamy@btinternet.com

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just giving this a quick bump to remind folks that the Mickleover open day isn't that far away...in fact this time in 3 weeks it will all be over!

I'll hopefully have a display of prototype photos and maps for my Burneside project, and maybe even some of my narrow gauge stock too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another quick bump as the Trent Valley Area Group (7mmNGA) Mickleover open day is this Saturday - 21st January.

Don't forget we are in the new venue!

Details in Mike's post at the top of the page - I'll prod him at work shortly to remind him to update on here with the details of who will be there.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the reminder Neil - you must have got up a few minutes before me today . . . . . . . . .

There's going to be lots there, and not just 7mmNG as we will also have a couple of OO9 and Gn15 plus demos and traders. Details later.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry for the delays in updating - I've had enough reminders . . . . .

So it's now official - we are full !!

10 layouts, 7 sales stands and 6 displays and demos

All the details in the first post above - although I didn't mention there is some parking onsite. Don't park at Tesco's for too long as they have parking cameras.

Henmore. Trent Valley Area Group 7mmNGA. First showing of our replacement layout. O16.5

Hambleton, Stoneybrook and Swale. Arline Wison. A refurbishment of Hardup, Stoneybroke and Skint originally built by Ernest Mitchell. O16.5

Port Wynnstay Quay. Phil Traxson. O16.5

West Midlands Area Group 7mmNGA. Group Modules O16.5

Keeper’s Hut Simon Davies 7mm scale 9mm O9

Castle Works. Andi Neathercoat. G scale 16.5mm Gn15

No name (?) Jim English G Scale 16.5mm Gn15

Talyllyn based. Paul Bardill OO9

Bowleggett Manor West Midlands OO9 Society

Coxheath Sidings David Rae 7mm O Gauge

7mmNGA Association Sales

7mmNGA Secondhand Sales

EDM Models

Port Wynnstay Models

Alex Bingley (3D Prints)

Minimum Gauge Models

Slim Gauge Circle

Corris Society Info and second hand sales (books and On30)

Colin Hayes and Friends Display and Demonstration

Keith Gilliver Modelling rail mounted guns

Ian Thompson 7mm Trams

David Tillett Loco clinic and electrics

John Kelsey secondhand historic 7mmNG models

• RMweb Gold

Had our final planning meeting in the pub last night - everything's going Ok but we still don't have a plan . . . . .

Hope to see lots of visitors tomorrow.

Mike

Of course we have a plan Mike...it's the usual - we see how it goes on the day! Let's face it we've had plenty of practice of that working where we do! :-D

• RMweb Premium

Don't believe everything Neil tells you - he's still the apprentice . . . . . . . . .

I now have a plan - and it all fit's in the hall.

Just back from Tesco after buying a ton of bacon - just hope you guys are hungry in the morning !

Off in a few minutes to collect tables from the clubrooms and meet the first arrivals.

See you in the morning . . . . . . . . . . .

Archived