Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Assistance needed please

Yesterday I saw a Youtube video that I believe was posted on 24/11/17 - regarding building and running an oval layout 55" X 18" (yes, 9" curves in OO) or thereabouts, featuring Hornby/Triang OO scale. It featured small 0-4-0 and 0-6-0 Locos ( including an O8)and short wagons and 4-wheel coaches - Trackwork including the end curves was flextrack, and it was laid out on bare boards to test the concept. Needless to say I have lost the address - if anyone can help find it, it would be much appreciated as trying to find it again is driving me to distraction.

Thanks

Jack

Added to Favorites, and passed on to a friend in Canada who was looking for a small layout for his apartment - I have a couple of US Plymouths , so this has possibilities for a minimum space oval for me

Many thanks also to the Moderator who let me post the question on here in the first place

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 1

Added to Favorites, and passed on to a friend in Canada who was looking for a small layout for his apartment - I have a couple of US Plymouths , so this has possibilities for a minimum space oval for me

Many thanks also to the Moderator who let me post the question on here in the first place

Good evening Jack

I'm glad you made this request Jack and thanks to Anthony for finding it as I'd never have spotted these videos. It's an interesting idea and I'm now wondering what minimum radius my H0m stock could handle. I've assumed a sensible minimum of 12 inches and have always found a solid two foot wide baseboard to be a bit awkward to handle but say 1m x 0.5m might make a good stand layout. 

• Like 1

David - My friend in Canada lives in an apartment and is a NG fan, so I thought it might work (possibly with slight enlargement) as an ON30 layout. A scenic divider board down the middle or diagonally across might separate the two sides. I thought it might possibly work for my purposes as a US layout with HO Plymouths/trackmobiles/44/45/70 tonners using setrack turnouts and moving the sidings/freight yard to the other end of the loop. I thought another use might be as an exhibition layout proving to parents that you don't need 6' x 4' or 8' x 4' boards taking up space in modern houses. It reminds me in many ways of a layout in a wayback Railway Modeller that featured TT scale on 009 track, and had a photo of a scratch-bodied GVT-style loco beside an old threepenny bit.

Glad the post I was hunting for was of use to somebody else.

FWIW, I believe there is an update coming tomorrow (Tuesday).

Edited by shortliner