TTS decoders

mikeg

Can anybody tell me what amps the TTS are as thinking of using one in a class 59 using the 66 one, the loco has two motors so was going to use standard decoder on the other motor and use to two as a consist to keep the motors in sinc.

mike g

Can anybody tell me what amps the TTS are as thinking of using one in a class 59 using the 66 one, the loco has two motors so was going to use standard decoder on the other motor and use to two as a consist to keep the motors in sinc.

mike g

Mike,

TTS are 500mA.

Class 59 had 16 cylinders, Class 66 has 12.

There is no Class 66 in TTS, it's a Class 67, also with 12 cylinders.

Paul

Paul, Thanks for your reply, the motor I was going to use it for draws 1-1.5 amps so will have to think again. The loco has two motors so I thought would use a decoder on each, I have a spare 1.5-2amp TCS T1 that I have used on one motor the same in a small tank engine that runs well, so was hoping that a TTS on the other in the 59 would give me sound!

mikeg

People have used a separate decoder to run hungry motors with the TTS picky backed just for the sounds and lights, etc.

The only problem could be a TTS steamer uses bemf from the motor to control the chuffs and coast, so how you link this from the motor decoder into the TTS is open to suggestion.

The diesels use speed steps to control notching up and down so if the TTS is on the same address as the motor decoder it will be fooled.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

TTS are 500mA.

Class 59 had 16 cylinders, Class 66 has 12.

There is no Class 66 in TTS, it's a Class 67, also with 12 cylinders.

Paul

TTS Class 67 R8105 available now.

TTS class 66 R8121 Pre-order expected October 2018. (As was class 37, expected Oct' 2017, but arrived Feb' 2018)

From Hattons website.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

• 1 year later...