NEWGOG

John_Miles

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For those that have been before, what is the parking situation at this event?  The leaflet says 'Ample Parking' and on the reverse of the one I have, the route map points to the Institute itself and then further on to Morrisons supermarket car park.  Since a Google Earth/Maps satellite view shows relatively few parking spaces actually at the Institute, I guess most people will have to park at Morrisons -  presumably this is allowed (as a non-customer)?

Just want to be sure, as if I do go (for the first time), I will be coming from Dorset and I do not see any other obvious 'official' parking nearby, unless you cross the river into Newport itself.  The sign into Morrisons car park (in 'Street View') just gives opening times, so I do not see any restrictions, but supermarkets vary -  some are OK with it and some are 'Customer Only'.  Just checking.

Steve N

attachicon.gifIMG_1716.JPG

No Mr Miles , Here it is

Hi,

Apologies, but earlier today I posted a question here about the parking situation and then realised just now, that since nobody was actually 'following' the topic, none of the existing 'posters' would be aware.  So if you get a chance to look at it, I would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Steve N

Hi,

For those that have been before, what is the parking situation at this event?  The leaflet says 'Ample Parking' and on the reverse of the one I have, the route map points to the Institute itself and then further on to Morrisons supermarket car park.  Since a Google Earth/Maps satellite view shows relatively few parking spaces actually at the Institute, I guess most people will have to park at Morrisons -  presumably this is allowed (as a non-customer)?

Just want to be sure, as if I do go (for the first time), I will be coming from Dorset and I do not see any other obvious 'official' parking nearby, unless you cross the river into Newport itself.  The sign into Morrisons car park (in 'Street View') just gives opening times, so I do not see any restrictions, but supermarkets vary -  some are OK with it and some are 'Customer Only'.  Just checking.

Steve N

Hi Steve, no need to worry Re the Morrisons parking it is the agreed overflow parking for Lysaght institute.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the information -  much appreciated.  Assuming I do go, I'll probably do my weekend shopping there anyway.

Steve N