Thrown together DMU/Loco Fiddle Board

WhiteRose158

Hello all,

I'll be moving back to the UK at the end of next month after a few years away and can get back to making progress on one of my two layouts. I started to put this one together a couple of years ago using mostly leftover bits from other projects. I wanted something to move a DMU on and off of with a little loco stabling/movement too. I'm already not keen on the rocks as the weak newspaper draped on polystyrene doesn't look so clever. I'm considering replacing it with plaster of paris or something more suitable. Also, in my rush to make progress, I've left myself with the difficult task of attaching a fiddle yard (a running theme as the problem occurs on my other layout in progress  here) . I'm toying with the idea of rerouting the lower level track and making both roads into a loop (I like the idea of running a coal train along the bottom level).

All of the above will slowly be solved in the coming months but in the meantime I thought I'd share a few pictures of where it's up to and would really welcome any suggestions, tips or comments to help me on my way.

It is Northern-based from the late 80s to present day.

IMG_20180602_203015.jpg

IMG_20190729_154338.jpg

IMG_20170903_203317.jpg

IMG_20170831_163310.jpg

IMG_20170208_135246.jpg

Edited by WhiteRose158