Scorpio Model kits

M51625

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody had any experience of these kits, in terms of quality, ease of build and quality of instructions.

I don't want a kit that can be built in a weekend, likewise if it takes years because you have to source replacement components i'm equally wanting to avoid. Generally are they good value for money? Personally i enjoy building rolling stock much more than running it, or at least thats the excuse until i have enough stock t justify building a layout!

I'm interested particularly with the 14xx, 8750 pannier and the autocoach, any thoughts and comments much appreciated. Or alternative kit sugestions welcomed.

M51625.

They are very good value for money as brass kits go.

They go together well and the instructions - are, in my experience, good and with exploded diagrams.

Some may consider them a little basic - but that depends on what you are comparing them with.

The only downside I have found with them is the quality of the brass - it seems to be coated in something a little worse than rust - so the frets need a thorough scrub with something like a brillo pad to get them back to the shiny brass.

I did a blog/thread of the MICA a while back - everything went well except the buffers (I was not impressed with the cast ones supplied)

Also have done Cl.2021 (nice n/s chassis)

I have a P14 Ballast Wagon on the bench in front of me at the moment. (Scorpio sell these GWR - Gemini Wagon Range kits)

Archived