Crewlisle - Track & Points/Switch Cleaning

All so called modelling 'experts' look away now!

1.   Track is cleaned with the good old reliable Peco track rubber.

2.   After track cleaning with Peco rubber, fine grade abrasive card is folded & with light pressure on the movable point blades, pulled through the point blades from the frog end of the point. The track is then vacuumed with a specially made attachment made from two toothbrush heads attached to the vacuum cleaner hose to remove dust & particles left behind when using the track rubber. Then the surface of a specially made pad is doused in 'Track Magic' & rubbed over the track.

3.   All 29 Peco points only rely on electrical continuity between the stock rail & movable blade with no polarity switches.  I know, I can hear some of you now saying 'It is not reliable for DCC'. The number of failures I have had over 47 years  of operation (12 years with DCC!) I can count on one hand! To ensure this after track cleaning, cotton buds are dipped in 'Track Magic' & then dragged from the frog end of the point through the stock rail/movable rail. It is surprising how much 'gunge' is removed. Point solenoids & accessory switches are squirted with 'Servisol Super 10' (a recognised switch cleaner) & activated a few times. Before exhibitions or when not used for sometime, all points, accessory switches & live diamond are also checked out for isolation/conductivity with a reliable multimeter.

Peter

• Like 3