Southern Pride 4REP kit

DIW

• RMweb Premium

On the old RMweb I started a thread on the building of my Southern Pride 4REP. When the new site started up, I made the mistake of bringing it here into the blog section. Now that there is this Kitbuilding section, I thought that I ought to put here the link to the continuing story of the 4REP, so that the folk who are interested in following the kit but not in navigating the blog section can find the story again.

http://www.rmweb.co....blog&blogid=251

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well the 4REP is as completed as it is ever going to be. DIW junior has just appeared, so my time will be taken up elsewhere for a while. I stole a moment to take some pics.....

The shoebeams have been fitted as per 4CIGs, 4VEPs etc. I suppose that if we can all overlook the fact that the rails are too close together in OO, then having half the number of shoebeams, and no shoes on them, fades in to insignificance. I do find it mildly irritating though that there is no mention on the box nor in the instructions nor on the website that the beams need to be bought as extras. The box (and the website) lists wheels, motor(s), and interiors as needing to be sourced as extras so fair enough - I choose to obtain them along with the kit. But to have no mention at all of shoebeams on a third rail electric unit kit is similar to having no mention of pantographs on an overhead electric loco.

Here are the pictures then,

post-6816-12587562873145_thumb.jpg

The two DMSs with the shoebeams in view, and the orange curtains in the windows.

post-6816-12587562849791_thumb.jpg

The Brake Corridor First (compartment side) with orange curtains.

post-6816-12587562894515_thumb.jpg

post-6816-1258756291622_thumb.jpg

Both sides are shown of the Buffet car, with blue curtains.

I used suitably shaped pieces of thin card, glued in with PVA adhesive. The blue curtains were made from the cardboard header from the Southern Pride interior kit for the 4REP. The orange were made from a Post-It type of product.

That's all for now.

Dave

Archived