Streatham MPD/ Streatham Mainline

davep101

Hiya all, after a fair bit of badgering from Galtee Moor of the parish, here are some views of our new (ish) club layout, by a small group of us at the Nottingham MRS. This is our first ever attempt at a club layout, and thus some aspects need a little work, the MPD part may be remembered by regular visitors to the Nottingham show as we exibited its a couple of year back.

Essentially there are two layouts in one, and either or both can be exibited and operated as one. The first set of pictures I have taken are mostly of the Depot and the associated scenic boards which has a river scene (again my first stab at a river) and a scrap yard, as we get more bits done, I will hopefully have chance to to upload more pictures and information.

The scrap yard

post-7260-0-41035400-1294867440_thumb.jpg

47 waiting at the gates

post-7260-0-78342400-1294867483_thumb.jpg

Disused wagons

post-7260-0-45291900-1294867529_thumb.jpg

The bridge over the river

post-7260-0-03923000-1294867574_thumb.jpg

The motive power depot

post-7260-0-42082700-1294867618_thumb.jpg

and again

post-7260-0-36699200-1294867663_thumb.jpg

and finally for tonight the pair 47 crossing the bridge.

post-7260-0-82454000-1294867707_thumb.jpg

Rite hope you enjoy that folks, i'll post more as and when, next time I will get some pictures of the main layout.

regards davep

Hi, It looks like you have some top class modelling underway here. Really like both the idea, the plan and the scenics. Can I ask what kind of services run to the scrap heap. Will it be scrapped rolling stock, the old Bachmann wagons, kitbuilt or a combination of them all. Have always had a bit of an interest in scrap trains.

There is more of the scrap yard 'off scene' the bit that we've modelled is basically the loading area. The idea behind the scrap yard trackplan is that once upon a time it was an old station, im not sure in the photos this can be seen, i have a disused signal box to thats need to be put on yet, the disused wagon are stood next to a bit of disused platform, but im not sure you can see this from the pictures, there are a couple more bits goin to be added to the scrap line, there will indeed be at least one wagon being cut up, and maybe a burnt out brakevan.

The pallet pump truck is from ( i think) either the signs of the times range of bits, or the knightwing depot clutter sets, i will try and find out tuesday as im back up the club then.

All the best,

Davep101

Living just 5 bus stops away from the real Streatham Hill station in South London, this one peaked my interest but I soon realised it was just a name rather than a prototype model!

Not a problem though, as a very nice and impressive layout which has given me some inspiration for something that might just work in the small space I have available to me.

The pictures and drawing are excellent, better than in my wildest dreams, and I've had some pretty wild dreams in my time (best not go there !).

The detailing that can be seen in the pictures are particularly well executed.

In the last picture, is that foliage hiding my coffee cup and your chips ?

Ian

The ripples took ages to get rite......well actually, it was a bit of a cock-up i put to much varnish on, and the week after when we arrived, hey presto, ripples, so thats as much as i can tell you on that im afraid, but the river was 1st painted brown, darker in the middle, i glued bits of rock and a couple of herons into the river, then week after week i used a thin layer of varnish (until the lat time) to achive the desired effect.

Ian, not your cup, but it may be my chip paper!

NOTTINGHAM East Midlands

MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION

Saturday, 19 March - Sunday, 20 March 2011

Harvey Hadden Sports Complex, Bilborough Park, Wigman Road

NOTTINGHAM NG8 4PB

Archived