00 gauge car drawings

hi all

there is a good selection of die-cast cars on the market - plenty of choice to choose from - but i think we all have a list of cars that aren't available :(

my plea for help is - does anybody know of any websites that you can download scale drawing of cars to print off and construct? through my 2011 challenge topic if found websites that do buses etc.. but no cars - i have found one site but they only have 1:25 drawings and resizing them is going to be a nightmare for me

many thanks - Ash

• RMweb Premium

You can re-scale drawings quite easily, to convert 1/25 to 1/76 all you need to do is reduce it to *34/35%. Most home printers have the facility to change the sizes of what you print. However changing scales with this sort of difference in the scales may cause problems with loss of detail but you will have the original to fall back on.

*You can also use a photocopier but they tend to increase slightly the size even on a direct copy.

Be aware that the quality of (non-engineering) car drawings varys a lot, even those used by the manufacturers. For example, Ford used a drawing of the later Capri that was distinctly underfed below the doors in their brochures for years. I think the old Herpa model may have used the same drawing too. Luckily Oxford didn't follow it for their 1978 version.
If you don't know it already you may find this site useful. Good luck with building cars; they're difficult :yes:
Must finish this beastie:

post-1877-0-45381700-1498936577.jpg

hiya

the site i got them from was http://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/show/2474/ford_sierra_rs500/

ok that link does take you to a cosworth but if you type your desired manufacturer/model in the search bar youll get a fair amount - i reduced them to 66% in infran viewer which seems to be level with oxford die cast

these drawing seems to be good quality - however giving them some color may cause a problem

• RMweb Premium

I did once create a graph showing how much % increase/decrease would be required to change a drawing to the scale required. I printed out several copies but none seem to remain and unfortunately it was not on my present computer.

Archived