If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi from Down Under

QRModeller

Okay, to be honest, I've been a member for just over two months now but this part of the forum was overlooked at first because I was eager to start asking questions.

Alright, about me. I would class myself as a junior modeller (should I really start this debate?) mainly because I'm still under 20 and I'm still building my first layout. It's actually my second layout but it's the first one I've built/am in the process of building because the first was one of those moulded plastic roundy-roundy things. I model in N (layout being built) and OO/HO (plastic roundy thing) and am particularly interested in the LNER, GWR, BR Corporate to present day and the QR (not necessarily in that order), plus I'm starting to like early and late crest BR steam and diesel more than I have in previous years.

Away from model railways, I also like constructing plastic models of ships, cars and aircraft, I can occasionally be found playing video games and when I'm not doing that, I can be found either watching Top Gear or playing Football (the proper round ball game, none of this egged ball rubbish!). When I'm not doing any of those, I'm at uni which, the uni life part I enjoy but the work part absolutely sucks!!!

Other irrelevant stuff about me includes things like: it doesn't take much for me to be ROFLMAO. This usually occurs while listening to a Goon Show episode, watching The Two Ronnies or reading status updates by a certain RMweb member whos' name starts with 'B'. It dosn't help my cause when I read its comments after either!!

Well, that's about all you need to know about me.

Matt.

Welcome Matt. It sounds like we have a few common tastes. I lived, studied and worked in Brisbane for 15 years.

I would be interested to hear about any Queensland models you have made or are planning to do.

Hi SRman, thanks for the welcome.

... I would be interested to hear about any Queensland models you have made or are planning to do.

Well there's my 2011 challenge entry and I actually have an idea for a QR layout but that is a long way off from becoming reality.

Matt.

Archived