Bogies for 4mm Siphon F

I have a Keyser kit for the short bogie Siphon F, and I wanted to fit it with the original bogies, rather than the later American type. According to the HMRS book on the subject they originally ran on 9ft wheelbase volute spring bogies. Is there anyone who produces this type in 4mm? The photo in the book is rather murky, and although it refers to a drawing within its pages, the only ones which are noted as running under Siphon F are drawn as being 8ft wb, a type the text doesn't actually suggest they received, so it is difficult to check what is correct. .

Looked in great Western Coaches volume 2 .Page 42 states original built with 9 ft volute bogies.

Blacksmith models do a set.There a lot of well document mistakes in the HMRS book on the Siphons.

They are the ones on page 98, plate 70, and drawing on page 101 .same as fitted to siphon G .The kit is etched brass with whitemetal very detailed.Built a set for GWR 62'6 Brakedown stores / tool van. Blacksmith website has been 'under construction' by new owners for a long time.They aren't very good at answering emails.Phone will be best.

. Blacksmith website has been 'under construction' by new owners for a long time.They aren't very good at answering emails.Phone will be best.

I have been advised by other traders that Blacksmith have pulled out of 4mm and are concentrating on 7mm only, though I have not seen anything official from Blacksmith.

In the past, the Westward range produced a cast Volute bogie.

Mike Wiltshire

• 2 weeks later...

Archived