Mallorcan railway

QWILPEN

• RMweb Premium

Hi

after a summer holiday on mallorca this year my better half has suggested trying to model the DMU's running on the island as shown in the photos below, but I can't find details of whatthey are and/ or if they are commercially available?

can anyone help please.

129.jpg

thanks in advance

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Please excuse me for using this thread, but the subject heading fits!

I am not a railway modeller (eyesight not what it used to be!!), but I'm into virtual railways, in particular the Microsoft Train Simulator. I am very interested in the 'other' railway in Mallorca - the Ferrocarril de Soller - which uses electric locos and stock built in the 1920s. I'm looking for some scale drawings for the locos and coaches (and other stock, if possible). I do have the book "Rails Through Majorca", which includes a few drawings, but I'm looking for a little more detail.

I'd be most grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction - I have tried Google and, although there are many results, there's nothing which meets my requirements.

Many thanks for any replies, positive or negative.

Regards,

Ged

Many years ago there was an article in Continental Modeller about kitbashing a Soller Railway motor coach. I have this issue somewhere, I can try to find it and see whether the drawings are the same as those published in Giles Barnabes's book.

Hi dullsteamer,

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully the drawings in Continental Modeller are better! If they are, I can supply an email address if necessary.

Cheers,

Ged

EDIT : Have found, through a Google search, that it was most probably, the November 1984 issue.

Hi dullsteamer,

I have now discovered that the drawings in Continental Modeller are the same as in Giles's book - I believe he contributed the article to the magazine!

It seems as if I've come to the end of this very short search, but if anyone else has more details, I'd be very pleased to know about them. I think I've downloaded everything there is on the Internet about the Soller railway and its stock :O

Cheers,

Ged

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am new here and I was just walking reading some topics.  About Mallorca Railways there is a very good book with tones of information, pictures and drawings (locomotives, coaches, wagons, stations...).  Problem could be that is wrote in Catalan but is very advisable for modellers.  The details are:  

Cañelas, Nicolau S (2002).  El ferrocarril a Mallorca.  La via del progrés.  Palma:  Documenta Balear.

Cheers,

Miguel

Archived